ii.

Amelia
"You did wHaT!?" I exclaimed. After Rory and I's argument ordeal, I walked home which is about a 20-minute walk. As soon as I got home a car pulled up into our driveway. It was Rory.

"I'm sorry! I didn't think he would actually reply. I wanted to help you." Rory rubbed her arm. I scoffed. "You don't even know anything, Rory! How did you possibly think that this would help me? How am I going to tell my mom that you, some random friend, told someone I'm not her kid and they want to meet me to see if I'm the one that has been missing all these years? Did you even think this through, Aurora?" I asked running my hand through my hair. "When did they say they are going to come?" I looked up at her. She pulled out her phone. "Umm.. two days from now." I rolled my eyes at her.

"You know what, Rory? I'm actually scared no, terrified." I said as I paced around my lawn. "Why?" She asked tapping her foot on the concrete. "Because I'm not ready for the truth. If that person in there isn't really my mom and that really isn't my sister I don't know how to react. I'm not going to know what to say." I said stopping in my tracks.

"Finding out the truth is only half of it. It's what you do that matters. So, Amelia, if you think that there's even a chance that's not your mom. You should at least ask." She said walking over to me. I shrugged. "I guess I have to walk in there and find out the truth then. God this is all so sudden." I said walking toward my front door. "Go home and I'll text you when it's done. Love you, Rory."

"Hey, Lia!" Rory shouted out. I looked back at her. "Good luck." She smiled at me. I returned the smile and took and deep breath. It was currently 7 so if something did or didn't go down I could still leave to Rory's house and have a crying session there.

I don't know what to say. Do I go up to her and say 'hey am I really your child or did you take me when I was an infant?' Or do I ask her if I'm adopted? Should I tell her I'm meeting up with Finn, some random guy that I don't even personally know in two days? Wait a minute.

I'm going to meet up with Finn in two days!

Finn. Wolfhard. How did this not hit me before? I stopped and took a breather. Finn Wolfhard is possibly my brother. That sound so weird. I could hear my mom in the living room watching tv. I walked in and saw her watching Stranger Things. She heard me walk in and smiled at me. "Hey, honey. You're back early. Look what I'm watching, it's your fav. How about you come and join me?"She said patting the seat next to her.  I smiled at her and nodded my head. I was so nervous that I started shaking. Ugh, why must my anxiety kick in now?

My mom noticed and touched my arm. "Are you okay, sweetheart?" I just looked at her with a blank expression. I thought now could be a good time to ask her or is it too soon. "I just have something that has been bothering me for a while now. Why don't I look like you or dad? I don't even look the slightest bit like Sara. I just want you to be brutally honest mom. I don't want any lies. Am I adopted? If I am that is totally fine I just wanted to know-" I heard her sniffling and that had silenced me. I instantly felt bad. "Oh, mom I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you cry... what's wrong." I hugged her but she pushed me away which made me feel worse.

"No, I'm not your biological mother. I should have told you sooner. Your father and I thought a baby would help out our relationship but your father is sterile so we couldn't have kids. We came up with a plan to go to the hospital act like we were waiting to see a baby from my sister or something like that. The first baby that came out was you. The mom and dad were still in the delivery room having another baby and I was so jealous. So I told him that you were the one I wanted." She had stopped crying and placed her hand on mine but I pulled it away. She sighed heavily. "Please continue," I said wiping the tears that were streaming down my face. She took a deep breath and continued. "You hadn't been registered or given a name yet so after your checkup and know you were healthy, we had someone go in. They took you to an orphanage. That's when we went in and registered you as our own, which was hard to do, and now we're here. I'm so sorry for not telling you the truth baby girl. I just didn't want you to be upset and leave us..." I stood up abruptly. "I can't believe you mom! I mean... You lied to me for 16 years! I have a twin brother and you couldn't even tell me that!" She stopped sniffing and looked up confused. "How do you know it was a boy. How do you even know you were a twin." She stood up as well. I struggled to come up with something but I couldn't. I decided to just come out with it.

"Rory and I found someone that is looking for a girl that was taken at birth in our area. The boy is my age and has the same birthday and we were both born in the same hospital. I don't think that's a coincidence. I'm meeting him and his family in two days and you can't stop me." I said turning around and walking out of the living room. She grabbed me by my shoulder.

"Just because I didn't give birth to you doesn't mean I'm not your mom. I raised you and taught you all you know. I'm not going to stop you from meeting him but you are staying with me. I don't care what you want to do because I am your mother. You sure as hell aren't going to leave me and your sister behind." I pulled myself out of her grip.

"Watch me."

—————————————
Wow, Amelia has some attitude! I honestly love this chapter. It was so fun to write. Hope you enjoyed!