vii.

Amelia

I took in a deep breath and got out of the car. The warm air hit my face. The surrounding houses were beautiful as well. I took a couple of steps forwards still admiring my surroundings when I heard the front door open. My head snapped in that direction.

Standing there was Nick and Eric. Nick was holding a beautiful cake which had pink frosting that spelled out "Welcome home, Amelia!" in cursive and Eric was holding a bouquet of sunflowers and roses. I smiled at them. Mom came next to me and wrapped an arm around me. I looked up at her. "Don't be shy. Remember, we're family." She said.

As she finished her sentence I  nodded and rushed over to my dad. I've never really had a father figure. I hugged him tightly almost causing him to topple over. "Hey there, kid." He said hugging me back tightly.

"Hey, where's my hug?" Nick said handing the cake to mom. I reach over and bring him into the hug too. I hug them both tightly. They were way taller than me but it made me feel safe and protected. "Wow, you look so much like Finn. It's so weird." Nick said. He grabbed my face with both hands and started to mush my face around.

"What are you doing!" I laughed out pulling his hands off my face. He holds his hands up. "She speaks!" He says sarcastically. He lets out a quiet laugh. "Where's Finn?" I ask looking around. I look over at the car and see Finn leaning against the car. He's on the phone.

"I think he's talking on the phone with management right now. I think they heard about.. you know. You." Mom says shrugging her shoulder. I nod my head. Finn looks over and makes eye contact with me. I smile at him but he just shifts his gaze away from me. I internally groan. It's not my fault he posted about me. Mom was going to find out sooner or later.

"Finn! We're going to go inside and set up dinner. When you're done with your call, come on in!" Dad shouts out and him. Finn gives him a thumbs up and we head inside.

The house was beautiful on the outside, but on the inside, it was a different story. There was a staircase as soon as you walk in. I stood there and stared at everything in awe. The staircase is lined with pictures of the Wolfhard family. My family. The walls were an eggshell white and the accent color was black. The house is very modern and seems to have everything updated. "Woah." I say in almost a whisper. "This is the nicest house I've ever been in." I say loud. Nick looks at me.

"Yeah. It really is." He says putting an arm around my shoulder. "You're a little shorter than Finn. I mean, I expected you to be a bit taller than you actually are, but this is cool. It suits you I guess." He said awkwardly pinching my cheek. I swat his hand away but I gave him a small smile. "Thanks?" I say unsure. He just laughs it off.

"Race you to the kitchen?" He says already running away. "Wait I dont know where that even is! It can be anywhere in this place. It's huge!"

"Sucks to suck!" He says in the distance. I laugh but start running in the direction where I heard him. "You're so rude." I say to Nick as I reach the kitchen. Mom and Dad are setting up the table for dinner and I decide to help out. I can hear Nick breathing hard as if he just did a 250 meter sprint. I laugh to myself.

As we finish setting up the table Finn strolls in. "Hey, Finn." I say in a cheerful way. He just waves at me and sits down. He didn't even look at me. My smile drops slightly but I brush it off. I wonder if he's mad at me for some reason. But I know I didn't do anything. "Alright, let's sit." Mom says already sitting down. "Uh.. where should I sit?" I say standing to the side awkwardly.

"Oh! Anywhere you want. It doesn't matter." She says. I just nod. What a tough decision to make. I look at the two empty seats next to Finn and one next to nick. After a couple of seconds of thinking I decide to sit next to Dad and Nick since Finn seems to be mad at me for no apparent reason. "Good choice." Nick says as I sit down.