iv.

Amelia

I woke up the next morning to banging on my door. I quickly got up not really thinking about what had happened last night. I opened my door and my mom was standing there. I rubbed my eyes and then the events that unfolded yesterday came flooding in. I narrowed my eyes at her then started to close my door. She kicked her foot out so I couldn't shut it. "Amelia, please. Sara wants you to come downstairs and eat breakfast with us. Plus you need to get ready for school. I don't care if you don't want to go, you're going. Do it for your sister, please?" I rolled my eyes and closed my door the rest of the way when she moved her foot.

I walked over to my dresser and decided to wear a dress. I'm way too lazy to wear pants right now. I pulled my hair up in a high ponytail and put on a bit of mascara. I grabbed my phone and saw a text from Rory.
Baby Rory (6:58 a.m):
Hey picking you
up at 7:30. Be
ready!

I checked the time. It was currently 7 so I grabbed my backpack and headed downstairs. As soon as Sara saw me she smiled. "Good Morning, Lia!" I said good morning back and gave her a kiss on her forehead. She giggled and continued eating her waffles and sausage. I walked over to the stove and got my plate. I sat down and started to eat. Karen wasn't in the kitchen with us so I got curious and asked Sara.

"Where's mom?" I asked stuffing a piece of waffle in my mouth. She shrugged her shoulders and swallowed what was in her mouth. "She got a phone call but she said she would be right back." I nodded my head and checked my phone. I had another message. I checked it and my eyes grew wide.

Finn :) (7:14 a.m)
Hey, Ame! New plans. I guess we're going today to your house. Mom got really impatient. We're coming to get you in a few. You're already excused for school for the day and I guess for the rest of your high school years because we take online classes but that's beside the point. Super excited to finally meet you!! Be there at 8. ^3^

I put stood up and ran up to my room. I quickly shot Rory a text saying I wasn't going to school today and then walked over to my mirror. I decided since my dress was red to put on some nice red lipstick. I did some light contouring to my face and put a little bit of highlighter on. I checked myself out in the mirror and nodded to myself.

Damn, I look good right now.

Amelia (7:20 a.m)
No way! I'm so
excited!! What should
I bring with me??

I heard a light knock on my door. I walked over and opened it slightly. It was Sara. She looked as if she was about to cry. "Sar... what's wrong sweetie?" She burst out into tears. "Mommy said you are leaving us today! Why Amelia!? Why!! You told me I had two days and now I have no days?" I felt my heart break a little so I got down on my knees and hugged her tight. "I'm so sorry Sar. I just have to leave for a little." I said stroking her hair gently. "Are you going to come back?" I pulled away from her and held her shoulders. "Not today. I don't think. But I will call you later. Okay?" Her tears slowly stopped. She started sniffling a little and spoke up again. "Do you promise?" I looked up at my door and saw Karen watching us. "Promise." I finally said and kissed her forehead. I heard my phone ring so I stood up from where I was and went to answer it. It was Finn. I kindly gestured for Sara to get out. I answered the phone after Sara closed the door. "Hello?"

"Hey, Ame! We're about half an hour away. Mom said you should pack a lot of clothes. You're going to be staying with us for a while. I'm so excited!" I laughed a little. "Yeah Finn. I'm excited too. I'm packing right now actually." There was a slight pause. I heard mumbling then Finn spoke up. "Amelia I have a question."

"Okay. Ask me then." I said sitting on my bed. "So we don't really have an extra room in my house so my mom was saying since my room is pretty big, we can fit a bed in for you to stay there. We can share a room until Nick moves out. Which shouldn't be long, to be honest? Would that be okay with you?" I felt my heart swell. "Yeah, that'll be great! We can definitely catch up that way." He laughed and agreed with me. I started packing my things while we talked for a little. There would be slight pauses here and there but it wasn't awkward.

"Ahh, Ame we're almost there! Where going down your street right now. See you in a minute!" He said then hung up. I quickly ran downstairs and then out the door. I saw a car pull up on the side of the road. Finn jumped out of the car and ran over to me. I ran over to him too and when we got to each other we both stopped. I looked into his eyes. I felt tears coming up and I saw tears forming in his. I hugged him tightly and he quickly hugged me back.

"I can't believe you're actually here," I said quietly. I let the tears stream down my face. He pulled away but held onto my hands. We stayed there for a minute. I reached up and wiped his tears and we both started laughing. I looked over at Mary who was in tears. She had the biggest smile on her face. She opened up her arms for Me to go hug her. My heart swelled. I walked over to her and hugged her tightly. "Hi, sweetheart. I thought I would never see you again. You're so big. Well, of course, you're big. I mean you are 16." She laughed. We stayed there for a nice minute. Finn came over and joined then hug and for once...

I felt complete.