xiv.

Amelia

"Kids! Dinners ready! Come set the table." I heard our mom yell from downstairs. I sat up and wiped the remaining tears.

"Is it bad?" I turned to Finn and pointed at my tear-stained face.

"No.. you look fine."

"Finn, don't lie to me. I'm your sister." I threatened him. He laughed and stood up.

"You look a little red and puffy but it's fine. Not like we haven't seen you like this before. Ohh, burn!" I nudged him and stood up with him.

"You're a jerk, Finn Wolfhard."

"And you're annoying, Amelia Wolfhard." We laughed and made our way downstairs. We entered the kitchen and mom looked over at us. Her smile fell when she looked at me.

"Oh my god, Amelia what happened." She walked over to me and put her cool hands against my still burning cheeks. I gave her a small smile and told her I was fine. She gave me a questioning look but I just shrugged it off. She nodded and gave me a small smile.

Dinner was quiet and extremely uncomfortable. The only noise there was was the utensils being scraped across the plates. It was one of the most awkward meals I've had in my life and I have a feeling that it's partly my fault. I need to stop blaming myself for everything...

Towards the end of dinner, mom clears her throat and looks up to my dad. "Honey," She placed her fork on the plate.

"Yes?" He set his fork down and gave her his full attention.

"Amelia and I will be going out tomorrow. We are going to go to the Mall and maybe getting something to eat after. She needs new clothes and some new shoes. Is that alright?"

"Can we discuss this later." He said picking up his fork again and continuing to eat. She huffed and turned away as well.

"I guess we can then." She mumbled under her breath. The doorbell rang and Finn was up on his feet.

"I'll get it." He walked out of the dining room and rushed to the door. I sat there feeling like I was getting engulfed in the awkwardness. I definitely do not feel as comfortable as I was with Finn next to me, not that I was that comfortable, to begin with. I decided to listen to Finn who was now talking to the man at the door.

"Oh hey, Jake. Come on in, we're just finishing up dinner." I heard Finn's loud footsteps followed by some heavier ones. Oh no, it's the Jake. I shifted in my spot and looked down at my lap. I'm not ready for another lecture. "Hey everyone, Jakes here," Finn said as he entered the kitchen. Jake said a quick hello to everyone at the table.

"Ame, are you finished yet?" Finn said to me. I stared down at my empty plate knowing I couldn't stall this conversation by saying no. I look up at Finn with a blank expression and nodded my head slowly. "Well then let's go talk to Jake in the living room." I stood up from my spot and excused myself. I felt everyone's eyes on me as I made my way out of the kitchen.

"We haven't properly met yet, Amelia. I'm Jake Deleon, Finn's manager." He extended his hand out to me to shake and I shook it lightly. His voice had a slight accent; not quite American, not quite British. We entered the living room and I plopped down on the couch not wanting to have this conversation or maybe even lecture. Finn sat next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder attempting to comfort me but I pushed him off. He gave me a confused look but I just shook my head at him. Jake came in shortly after and sat across from us.

"So as you guys know, you're in a not so ideal situation. We have fans all over the place speculating different things like you two dating or maybe a secret sister or even a new character in stranger things. There's a lot of other rumors as well but I'm sure that you guys haven't seen any of them cause you've stayed off of social media, correct?" He said sternly. Finn and I both nodded our heads quickly. I wonder if Finn is as intimidated by him as I am.