xvi.

Amelia

"Okay! Im coming!" I say making my way down the stairs. I reach the bottom and hear the tv in the living room. I walk over there not knowing where my mom is. "Mom?" I say poking my head around the corner.

"Kitchen." Dad said without taking his gaze from the tv which was playing football. Typical dad thing... I think?

"Oh, okay. Thanks dad." He gave me a thumbs up and I make my way over to the kitchen.

"Hey, mom. what's up?" I say entering the kitchen.

"Hi, sweetheart. So I just got off the phone with Jake and he said that yes, you are allowed to leave the house with me to go to the mall. So what do you say? Want to go with me tomorrow?" I smile wildly and nod my head excitedly. I have been wanting to get out of this house and explore the city a little more. As much as I love this house, I need a change of scenery.

"I would love to! I need some new clothes anyways." I say. I think about what else I could possibly need and then I remembered my room. "Oh I also need some fairy lights for my room!" I excitedly exclaimed. I had almost forgotten that I haven't fully finished my side of the room. It's finally coming together.

"Perfect sweetheart. And I know a lot of stuff got left behind at your old house as well so if you need," she trailed off at took a deep breath, "if you need we can go back to the house and retrieve whatever you need. I know we picked you up very suddenly and you only had one suitcase with you and a pillow. I can't imagine how many things you had to leave behind."

I smiled at her. Her eyes were soft and her lips pulled up into a small smile. The look alone showed me how much she really cared for me and how much she truly loved me. I don't think I've ever really felt this before. I don't notice my eyes tearing up until I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Oh, honey," my mom looks me in the eyes and pulls me into a hug. Her arms wrap tightly around my arms and she leans into me. "Amelia, I will always be here if you ever need me. Don't be a stranger. We are family." I wrap my arms around her waist and snuggle my head into her neck. The hug was so warm and made me feel secure. Just like when we reunited. Everything seems right. I know that if anything happens, I will always have my family there to support me. We pull away and she slowly strokes my arms.

"There are a few things I would like to get from my old house.." I think remembering that I had left most of my shoes. They didn't really fit in my suitcase so I didn't bring them. She lets her arms fall to the side of her.

"Okay. I can take you tomorrow after the mall if you'd like?" I smile at her and nod my head.

"That would be perfect actually." I am excited to finally get out of this house. It will also be perfect bonding time for mom and I.

"Okay well it's getting pretty late so I'm probably going to go to sleep here pretty soon. We can go to the mall around 12. Sounds good?" She reaches up and tucks a stray piece of hair behind my ear and rests the palm of her  hand on my cheek. I smile and nod.

"Sounds perfect." She smiles and turns away from me. I take that as my cue to leave. I walk out of the kitchen and decide now is probably a good time to annoy Nick. I assume he's in his room.

I head up the stairs quietly to insure he doesn't hear me. I stop right in front of his door. I was going to just open it and try and scare him but the last time I walked in on him unexpectedly I got exposed to the world. I roll my eyes and knock on the door. I hear an annoyed groan and shuffling. Then I hear Nick talking.

"For the last time Jack, I don't know anything about Am.." he stops when he sees me.

"Amelia! It's you." he says nervously. I give him a questioning look. Have they boys been talking about me?