xiii.

Amelia

"Well that could've gone a lot worse." Finn said after dad slammed our door shut.

"Finn, we're grounded for a month. I think this is pretty bad." I shook my head at him. When dad got home he came straight to our room. I could hear Nick trying to calm him but it obviously didn't work. He came to our room and proceeded to yell at us and tell us how irresponsible we are, despite all this being my fault. When I tried defending Finn I was shut down immediately. He didn't want to hear it and he was tired from work and all the stress. He is currently in Nicks room yelling at him now.

"It's not as bad as you think, Ame. I've been grounded for a year before and it flew by. A month is nothing compared to a year. Plus we don't have anything to do out of the house anyways. Press is going to be insane so we shouldn't go out anyways. Oh and you're going to meet Jake later today too. He has to talk to us about social media and stuff, so until then, no social media."

"It's not like I've been on it recently anyways." I shrugged. "Is he going to yell at us too?"

"Nah, he's just going to tell us what we have to say to the public. It's just bad timing because everyone's going to think this is a publicity stunt because we're recording Stranger Things right now." Just as Finn finished his sentence, his phone rings. He looks down at the caller ID and his face lights up. He answered the phone and put it up to his ear.

"Hey, Gaten!" He answered with a big smile. My face lit up as well.

"Put it on speaker!" I nudged Finn. He shushed me and continued talking to him. "Finn please." I shook him and he let out a sigh.

"Okay fine." He removed the phone from his ear and put it on speaker. "Gaten, my sister wants to say hi." I squealed and took the phone from Finn.

"Hi!" I said excitedly with a wide grin on my face. I heard laughing on the other side and my cheeks got hot and my smile fell. "Hi Amelia!" He said back with the same amount of excitement in his voice.  My smile returned and I look up at Finn who is smiling at me.

"So Finn, what happened anyways." Gaten spoke. Finn took the phone off of speaker and told Gaten that he would talk about it later.

"Sooo what do you want to do now?" Finn ask sprawling out onto the bed. I thought for a moment and then it clicked. "How bout we go to the music room and jam out?" Finn shot up in bed with a big smile on his face.

"Good idea, Ame. Let's go!" He stood up suddenly and took my hand in his. He lifted me off the bed and ran to the room across from ours. I laughed at his excitement. When we walked in, it was more beautiful than I remembered. There were expensive looking guitars lined up on a rack and a beautiful drum set. There were also two electric guitars resting on amps. "woah." I muttered under my breath. I walked over to the guitars and ran my fingers over the strings.

"Do you play?" Finn asked picking up the blue electric guitar, picking at the strings professionally. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I use to play but my mom had broken my guitar for not getting an A in one of my classes. That was like, 3 years ago." I once again ran my fingers across the acoustic guitars stings. It made a familiar noise and my heart fluttered. I miss playing guitar so much.

"Oh that's too bad. You can play it if you'd like, no one except me ever really plays them." I smiled and picked it up. It sure is a lot nicer than the one I use to have. It feels more durable and it looks a lot nicer too. I put the strap around my shoulders and strummed a cord. My heart leaped with glee and I strummed again. I don't remember very many songs so i just played such an overplayed song.

I picked at the strings one by one. Even the sound of this guitar is way better. I picked at the stings until I inevitably messed up. "Hey There Delilah, huh? I mean it's a nice tune but isn't it kind of.."