47.) i'm fine

{trigger warning: self harm}

__________

•••
"I've got nothing for you
I'm not even sure what's left for
myself"

-Kate Howell
•••

__________

Cassia's POV

Had she really ever left this place?

The cold walls of her childhood home welcomed Cassia back, maybe not like she was still the spoiled, little girl from the Song family that grew up walking down the long corridors, feet clicking against marbled tiles, fingertips brushing against the white stone staircase but still like she belonged here.

Like this was where she was destined to be. There was nothing calming about walking through those familar gates again, through her mother's lush garden that still looked very much the same. The water of the round, white stone fountain glistening in the blaring sunlight, hedges the same forest green, perfectly arranged flower beds detailed with roses of rich red and flawless white.

Her eyes locked on a small flower bed of baby blue roses. They didn't look as magnificent as the bold, noble red roses of her mother as they were much smaller, daintier.. An elegant speck of sky blue in the midst of deep red.

Were the circumstances different and had Cassia willingly returned to her childhood home she was sure the sight would have brought a content smile to her lips. The blue roses were hers. Her mother had kept them.

The colourful garden accentuated the intimidating bland white mansion of the Song family with a warm glow. Looking at the beautiful, healthy flowers and plants, listening to the light fizzing of the crystal clear water of the fountain could deceive anyone to believe this was a friendly place.

That the people living inside those carefully guarded walls must live a happy life, a perfect family.

That's what her parents tried so hard to keep up. The image of a family bond that was never there. Even now, with their children gone, the fake facade of a happy family crumbling in their hands they still tried. Perfection. The only thing that mattered.

Cassia didn't see her father again. For some reason he took a different jet and he wasn't with her now. The people escorting her to the mansion were security guards, new ones. Unfamiliar faces, cold faces, hard hands, pushing her when she stopped walking for too long to admire her mother's garden.

Inside. They wanted her inside the mansion. Cassia knew why. Once you were inside those walls it was almost impossible to walk back out unseen. A prisoner. That's what she was. Not the daughter that was welcomed back like an old friend but a prisoner to be locked inside her cage again.

When the gates behind her locked closed and the mahogony door fell shut, Cassia felt the cool air of the airconditioned foyer on her skin and knew she was trapped once again.

The guards hadn't spoken a single word to her since they got here, only their hands had. Cassia knew they were only following orders, everyone in this goddamn house was.