26

He stood in the center with his arms crossed.

"Loki." Erin said as she saw him. She practically ran to the edge of the cell and pressed a hand against the glass.

"Erin." Loki said, coming towards her. "You need to leave. I do not want to see you hurt."

"I'm not going to get hurt, brother. Why do you do this?" She looked into Loki's eyes. "Why steal the tesseract? What have you to gain?"

"Revenge." Loki said. "You should see why. He took you too. I don't understand how you are not angry."

"I am, Loki. I just..."

"Just what?" Loki said, his featuring hardening.

"Father has kept me away from you. He didn't want us to-"

"HE IS NOT YOUR FATHER!" Loki yelled. "And Thor...IS NOT...your...brother."

"Loki...I can't-"

"Yes you can!! He wanted you to stay contained so he could use you!" Loki growled. "You are a fool to not see it. You aren't worthy of your power." Erin shrunk away.

"Loki-"

"I want to protect you. Get off this boat now." Loki pleaded. Erin's breathing was ragged.

"YOU'RE JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!!" Erin screamed, her eyes flashing red. "I AM NOT A CHILD!!!! I THOUGHT YOU CARED!!! BUT YOU PUSH ME AWAY LIKE A REPULSIVE MONSTER." Tears dripped down her cheeks as she took in a breath. "But I guess that's all I am. A monster no one wants. Not even Mother or Father loved me. Only you and Thor. Not even you loved me." Erin's breathing was shaky as she backed away from a shocked Loki.

Suddenly there was a loud BOOM and the ship listed slightly. Erin was knocked down to the floor below.

She ran towards the nearest window and broke through.