Chapter six

No one really knew what made Faith give her kit to two beginners. Everyone just said she wasn't thinking straight. But, however it happened, or whatever happened, Hawk and Tawny tried their best to help with the she-kit. They had named her Swallow, after Faith's mother.

Hawk trotted into Feather and Peak's den. Feather turned her attention to Hawk as he entered.

She dipped her head. "Hello Hawk, how may I help you?"

"I just.. have a few questions.." Hawk started.

"Everyone seems to right now." Feather mewed. Her blue eyes bore into his mitch-matched ones.

"Do you know why Faith chose me and Tawny to take care of one her kits?"
Feather's ear flicked at his words. She cleared her throat, turning her eyes away.

"Maybe she knew something we didn't. Maybe a message from Starclan?" Feather meowed.

"Did you know?"

"What?"

"Did you know what was going to happen to her?" Hawk asked.

"Yes, I knew her fate." Feather mewed quietly.

"What! Why didn't you say or do anything?!"

"Hawk, fate isn't something you can just up and change!"

"Do you know? Do you know why she gave us the kit?"

"Sometimes some things are better not said." Feather meowed sternly. "The reason will be explained soon. That I promise, but not from me." She gave him a stern look. "Now, I believe you have duties to attend to. Unless you needed something?"

"No.. no I'm good." Hawk sighed, turned and left.
Grumbling under his breath, he padded to where Bee sat.

Bee had become his best friend, next to Tawny. He shared a lot with Bee.

"Hey, you okay?" Bee mewed as Hawk flopped down next to him.

"Feather is hiding something."

"Feather hides everything from everyone dude, don't take it personal." Bee chuckled. He licked his paw, dragging it over his ear.

"We should find out." Hawk though out loud.
Bee stopped his small grooming, turning his head to give Hawk a look that said 'really?'
"I'm serious. She knows something, something big. And I'm finding out."

Bee let out a long sigh. "Alright, alright, count me in."

"Great!" Hawk smiled.

"Should we being Tawny along?" Bee mewed, side-eyeing his friend.
Hawk stared at him for a moment, before shrugging.

"I mean, we could ask." Hawk mewed. "Where is she?"

Bee turned his eyes to the entrance of the camp, which was covered by ivy. "She was on a pat-"

"Help!" A frightened yowl cut Bee off. Bee and Hawk sprang to their paws, their fur bristling.

"Heart! What's going on?!" Sky stumbled out of the den, looking around confused.

"Shadowclan! And Thunderclan I think! They're attacking!" Heart explained quickly. "The River Runners are helping us!"

"Puddles, Stone, Sparrow, Bee, Hawk and Red come with me!" Sky ordered.
She waited for the cats to at least rise to their paws, and then pelted out the entrance, following Heart. Hawk surprisingly didn't have a hard time keeping up with them. He must have been so worried that he pushed his 'not-so-great' skill of running to help his group.

Or Tawny..
Shut up!

A flash of gray and brown fur knocked Sparrow right off his paws. He crashed into a tree, his attacker pinning him down. He thrashed around, his eyes closed. Puddles skidded to a halt, whipping around to pull off the cat Hawk recognized as Thistlefang. Puddles sunk her teeth into Thistlefang's neck, and backed up until she was on her hind legs. They both crashed to the ground, Puddles scrambling to her paws.
Hawk suddenly felt the world around him shake. He felt pain in his right shoulder, and hissed. He twisted around, trying to face who was causing the pain. Hawk didn't recognize the she-cat, so she must have been a Thunderclan cat. His claws found their way to the she-cat's face. She hissed, and bared her teeth at Hawk.
She was suddenly ripped off. Her claws raking Hawk's shoulder as she flew back. He hissed at the feeling. His eyes caught Bee and Red pulling the she-cat away. Red's pelt was blood stained, barely visible due to her fur color.
The Thunderclan she-cat thrashed around, until she broke free from their grip. She gave one last hiss of annoyance before bounding away in the bushes.

"You okay?" Bee panted.
Hawk nodded.

"Yeah, I think."

"Help!" Tawny!
Hawk felt his legs start moving before his brain could even process what was happening. He dodged fighting cats and avoided getting into another fight.

Tawny's splotched pelt was visible among the bloody battle. She lashed her claws out at the three Toms. They slowly closed in, making the fur along Tawny's spine rise further. Her eyes still held their fighting spirit, though Hawk could clearly see the fear hidden behind the mask.
He pushed forward. Bounding up behind one of the Toms, taking him by surprise. He let out a yelp, as he whipped around. Hawk realized he must have been a apprentice, as he was smaller than the other two.

"Hawk look out!!" A body barreled into his side, causing him to go flying. His head hit a tree, before all went black.

A/N: that took so friggin long! You have no idea!
Anywho, enjoy this...

(°□°)┻━┻ FLIP THAT TABLE.

┻━┻(°□°) FLIP THIS TABLE.

┻━┻('0')/┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES

_ Child. . .

_ Put.

__ The tables.

___ Back.

(°-°)╮┳━┳

(°□°)┻━┻ NEVER

(•_•)
<)   )because I'm
/    \

_
  \\ _
   ( •_•) F
    < ⌒ヽ A
   /   へ\ B
   /  / \\ U
   レ ノ   _ L
  / /                   O
  / /|                   U
 ( (               S
 | |、\
 | 丿 )
 | |  ) /
' )    L