Chapter 1

DEAN'S POV

 As I get home from school, my mom gasps "Hi honey! How was your day?" Sam, my little brother, walks in after me "Sammy, how was your first day of high school?"

 Sam doesn't reply, as normal. He simply walks past us and up the stairs to his room. He hasn't been the same since John...

 Mom looks at me, questionable. "He got messed with, for not talking." I sigh "He smacked some guy at lunch."

 My mom sighs "Kids are cruel...." she rubs her neck "Wanna help me with dinner?" As always, I help her with dinner.

CAS'S POV

 My alarm goes off and I yawn. Considering I skipped work yesterday, I should go today... even if I don't want to. Luci pokes his head in sighs "Get up, my car just broke down. I need to use your car."

 I groan and slide out of bed, putting on a button up shirt, with ripped sleeves, so you can see my tattoos. Skinny jeans, Vans and a loose blue tie. Then I trot downstairs to get a bagel and coffee, before I put on my coat.

 I walk out and sit on the hood of Lucifer's car. I look over the fence to see a very built guy tinkering on his car, probably checking his oil. "Castiel Novak! Get your ass in here!" Lucifer screams "You didn't put up the sugar!"

 I frown and yell back "Tell Gabe to do it! I didn't even use the sugar?" I return to my bagel as I hear Luci yell to Gabe.

 The guy next door looks at me, puzzled, before walking up to the fence "Hey, when did you move in?"

 "Yesterday." I sigh, not giving him any attention. I clear my throat after swallowing another bite.

 "What's your problem?" he asks.

 I slide off the car and walk up to the fence "Don't worry about what my problem is. We won't be here long." I shrug "I give it three months, at most, before we're gone."

 I finally get a good look at him. Sandy brown hair, candy-apple-green eyes, freckles, stubble. I don't know how this guy could be so beautiful.

 He sighs "Castiel, right?" I nod and he shrugs "My mom will probably make me walk over a pie, tonight..."

 I groan "Oh god, it's going to be one of those neighborhoods, isn't it?" he looks at me, puzzled and I sigh "A neighborhood that holds barbeques and pool parties and all that other bullshit."

 He scuffs "No, it's just my mom... she's too sweet, but she'll bite your head off if you screw up."

 I think for a second "How old are you?"

 "I'm eighteen." he says. I soon realize why I know him. He used to stick up for me in high school, last year.

 I groan and scratch my forehead "Dean Winchester, right?" he nods and I shake my head "Last year, scrawny ass kid that got hung in a tree by a few jocks?"

 His eyes bulge and he looks me up and down "Damn, you got big." he smiles "Didn't you have glasses?"

 I scuff "I use contacts, now." I pull out my jacket and show my tattoos "Found my calling, too?"

 He furrows his brow "I thought you got a full ride at Stanford?" I nod and he looks at me in disbelief "Why didn't you go?"

 I shrug "I just didn't want to be a uni. I wanted to make art." I sigh "I didn't want an average life where I sit at a computer and go home to a husband and eventually shoot my brains out because I'm sick of the repetitive life I would live."