Chapter 7

DEAN'S POV

 "Okay Sammy, you can put your clothes on." I sigh as I stand up "I'm going to go talk to mom, okay?" he nods and I leave him alone, in his suicide proof room.

 "How back is it?" Mom asks as I sit bed her in the living room. Michael sits on the opposite side of her.

 "Mostly his thighs... a few on his chest." I fiddle with my fingers "Honestly, are there any therapist that understand ASL?"

 "You were the one that declared he needs a shrink." Michael spits.

 I sigh "I know what I said, Michael, but..." my eyes lock with Sam's and I give a weak smile, before continuing the conversation "He's been hurting himself less, by the looks of it."

 "But we still need to get him help." Michael states.

 "Look at the progress made in the past week!" I hiss through a whisper. I look back to Sammy to find him resting his head on Gabe's shoulder. Gabe has a soft smile on his lips.

 "Dean, he cut himself yesterday!" Michael argues "We can have him walking around with those thoughts in his head!"

 "But he spoke!" I hiss "He hasn't spoken a word in the past two years! Or do not remember that?" he gives me a bitchface and I sigh "He's spoken twice in the past two days." I reminds him, before pleading "Let's give him a second chance before we ship him to a man who's job is to tell crazy people, they're not crazy." I look back at Sam, who listens in "Sam isn't crazy, he's coping."

 Michael sighs "Fine, we'll give him another chance." he stands and grabs his jacket "I gotta head to work." He storms out of the house, slamming the door behind him.

 I turn to mom "Mom, you've bee up since 3am yesterday morning... go get some sleep." she starts to argue but I stop her "I'll watch Sammy, you go and sleep."

 Eventually she sighs and stands "Don't do anything insane while I'm asleep." she gives me a kiss on the forehead, before giving one to Sam "Don't hurt yourself again Dean."

 He frowns in bewilderment and she walks off.

 Instantly, I get an idea "Cas?" he looks up from a plate of pancakes "What are the odds of you being able to give me a tattoo today?"

 He gets a drink of orange juice "Well, I have my pack in my car." he smirks "What do you want?"

 I shrug and take out my phone, showing him a picture of a sun with a star in the middle "It's an anti-possession charm." I tell him "I've wanted to get it as a metaphor for mental health issues."

 Sam gives me a bitchface and signs "So, your getting this to show me the you'll help me through this?"

 "No, that's not what I'm getting this for." I scratch my forehead and he gives me a bewildered look.

 "Why then?" he signs.

 After I sit at the head of the table, I grasp his hand in mine "You know how I went to juvie when you we're eleven?" he nods "I didn't actually go to juvie, Sammy. I went somewhere much worse."

 "What are you talking about?" He signs, looking more confused than ever "What happened?"

 "Mom found me on the bathroom floor." I speak softly "John had just smacked me around for finding me with a dude in my room." I clear my throat "She'd seen it before and tried to tell John that I needed support, but he didn't listen."

 "Dean, you're not making sense." Sam signs, trying to get me to spit it out.

 "I tried to kill myself." I state "That's why I took the extra steps to make sure you can't hurt yourself."