Chapter 11

SAM'S POV

 We walk back into the cafeteria; Lucifer eats chips he found in a vending machine, which, he took us on a wild goose chase to find. Cas and Dean sit on the same side of the table, watch something off of Dean's phone. Dean leans against Cas's shoulder.

 I turn back to the married couple and fake a gag. Michael scuffs and takes the bag from Lucifer, eating a few, despite the annoyance in Lucifer's face. None the less, I sit at the head of the table as the married couple sit on the opposite side of Dean and Cas.

~

 After a five hours, the other four cram on the hospital couch and I sit in the chair. The repeat beating has gotten to Dean, who now lays asleep, against Cas.

 Gabe sleeps peacefully in the hospital bed. His face is pale from the surgery he just overwhent.

 Lucifer sighs "Guys, we should go get something to eat." He checks his watch "We've been here for almost seven hours."

 Dean perks up "I heard eat." he rubs his eyes "Eat sounds good."

 They all start to leave, but I start where I am "Sam?" Michael looks back "Aren't you coming with us?"

 I shake my head and sign "I'm not really hungry." I look to Gabe "I wanna stay here, if he wakes up."

 After about fifteen minutes of them being gone, a ruffling comes from the bed "Sam, what time is it?"

 Gabe lays flat in bed, his head tilted to face me. He'll have to stay on his back for the next week. Then, at home and school, he'll have to wear his braces 24/7 until he has his hip surgery. That's scheduled for two months from now.

 After leaning against his bed, I sign "1530."

 He looks at me tiredly "Five or twenty-nine hours? Since I got here? How many?" he asks, his face concerned.

 I hold up five fingers and he nods "Where are the others?"

 I sign "They went to get some food." I clear my throat "You'd never guess what I found out?" I smirk.

 "What'd you find out little one?" he gives a weak smile. Given that he has a morphine drip, I'd say he'll be falling asleep real quick.

 I squirm at the nickname, before signing "I kinda found out that Lucifer is married to Michael."

 His eyes go wide, even though the meds knock down his energy levels "No fucking way!" he says, raspingly, before he gives me a cocky smirk "Little boy, are you messing with Daddy?"

 Trying to ignore the friction in my jeans, I sign "Nope, they were making out in front of the cafeteria. I cought them after I walked with you to the OR." (Operating Room: for those who haven't grown up in a family with, like, a dozen doctors and nurses)

 "Damn..." Gabe frowns, the sleepiness returning to his features "Well, I guess all the Novak boys got their eyes on a Winchester."

 I sign "And every Winchester is a total bitch to a Novak." I scuff "Figures."

 "Sam?" he asks, below me. I raise an eyebrow to him and he smiles "You're so beautiful."

 I scuff "Gabe, you're on drugs." I sign.

 He shakes his head "It's not the drugs, alright?" he smiles weakly through the drugs that have made him delirious "You're a sexy son of a gun. I nice slice of cake." his hums "That sounds good right now."

 I scuff and sign "Yeah, definately not the drugs getting to you."

 He sighs "I mean it Sam." he holds up his hand just a little, to meet my face. He rubs tiny circles in my cheek and he stares at me lovingly "I want cake." and he falls back to sleep.