Chapter 9

LUCIFER'S POV

 As I pull up to the restrant, I see his old black bug bus. After I straighten my tie, I get out of my old JEEP.

 Inside, I walk up to the greeter "I'm looking for a dude, about yeh high." I motion about his height "Black hair and green eyes."

 She smiles and walks me through a several dining rooms before pulling out my chair. I give her a smile before sitting down. After she walks away, I turn to him and hold up the red bouquet I've been holding "I brought you some roses."

 He scuffs and takes them "Thank you Luc." he gives me a smile as we takes a sip of his champagne "Why so tense?"

 I shrug and take a sip of mine "I'm just nervous I guess." I put it back down and clear my throat.

 "Nervous?" he asks a big smile covers his features "I don't think I've ever seen you nervous."

 I shrug "People change Micha."

 Michael scuffs "Don't tell me you're a sub now?" he asks, swirling his drink in his hand "Sorry, I might have ordered for you." he takes a sip "I got you lobster risotto."

 I smile at that "That's fine by me." I shift in my seat, leaning back a little bit "As far as being a sub, I don't have a clue. I haven't been with anyone in more than two years."

 "Yeah." Michael sighs "I haven't either..." he clears his throat "Was I your last relationship?" he asks.

 I scuff "Of course you were." I sigh "I didn't want to be with anyone else, Michael." he looks at me tiredly and I frown "Still don't."

 Michael is about to say something, when our food comes. After the waitress leaves, he sighs "Luci, I'm not going to lie to you, I've been talking to other people, but they haven't really meant anything." I nod and he continues "Besides, when I saw you on Tuesday, those people got kicked out of the window."

 I chuckle and he looks at me nervously "I walked out on you and now you're apologizing." I chuckle and reach a hand to grab his, which he takes immediately "Why are you apologizing Micha?"

 He smiles down at our intertwined fingers "I thought you didn't want a white picket fence lifestyle?"

 "What?" I ask, as tense as a stone. Anxiety overwhelmes me when I think of him possibly rejecting me because of the past.

 "Look at the life you have." he smirks "You have a boring nine-to-five job and then you go home to two kids." He runs his thumb over my palm "That's as white picket as it'll get."

 I scuff "It could get better than that." I state "I could have my husband by my side." he blushes "And I just do what I have to do."

 "Well..." Michael blushes "What if we made the cliche?" he looks up at me "What if I became a part of that lifestyle... with you?"

 I smile down at my plate "I'd like that." I look up at him and nod "I'd like that." he smiles and blushes as his food.

 "Let's eat." he lifts his fork and starts eating without even separating our fingers. We don't mention it to each other. We just sit, offer each other bites of food, then we share a dessert, laughing about the memories of when we were happy and how our family is crazy.

~

 "Luci?" Michael asks as I'm almost asleep behind him, pressing his body against me "Luci, are you still up?"

 I groan in recognition, before rubbing my face against his bare back, breathing in his amazing smell "Yes Micah?"

 He flips and ends up shaking the whole bed as he does. But none the less, he ends up in my arms "I've never asked. Why a waterbed?"

 "Well." I yawn "I've alway wanted one." he scuffs and I smirk "Could be worse, I could have got a hamic, like Gabe."

 He chuckles "Gabe has a hamic." I let's a groan resembling a yes "Why does he have a hamic?"

 I sigh "Gabe has a lot of medical issues." I state "He's a diabetic. His hips have a tendency of popping out of place and he has scoliosis." I scratch my forehead, sleepily "The hamic makes you have no pressure points and it helps decrease some of his pain."

 Michael sighs "That's awful." I nod and he frowns "Why is he so unhealthy?"

 "Well..." I frown "Mom was pretty old when she gave birth to Gabe... he's a golden years baby." I state "So he lacked a certain protein in the womb. He's fine, other than those three."

 "How do you help him with this?" he asks, rubbing his thumbs over my stumble "In case I have to do it one day."

 I smile at that. The tiredness subsides and I look at him in the darkness "Well, we give him insulin injections and we make him wear braces when he's home." I clear my throat "When his hip pops out of place, we put him on the kitchen table and push his leg up to his side as we push down to the ground."

 "How often does that happen?" he whispers.

 I shrug "About four or five times a year." I clear my throat "The kid is perfectly fine with it, I believe."

 He nods and I start to drift back to sleep, when I hear him gasp "After all this time?" my eyes fly back open only to see he has my necklace in his hand. On the simple silver chain, lay the rings that once banded us together. I only received his after his called me a swain and through it at me. "You still have them?"

 I give him a weak smile "Always." he looks at me, a twinkle in his eyes. The moonlight hits his features perfectly. Even in the darkness, I see his green eyes, contrasting his raven hair than declares he just had sex. His throat hitchs after a minute of me staring with him.

 How could I leave him? He's so unique and amazing.

 Before I even know it, my lips are back on his. My hunger satisfied for the time being. This isn't about me anymore. It's about making him feel like he's my king. My everything.

 God, what as I getting myself into?

 After we pull away to catch a breath, I whispered "Always."