-Chapter 5-

Lilith turned off the camera and smiled at the blindfolded and gagged girl in front of her. Lilith took a knife off of the wall and swiftly cut the gag off.

"Ptah! What do you want from me? I'll give you my collection of trophies. Except for my soccer ones. Those ones are keepers."

"Do you want your blindfold off?"

"DUH!!! Then let me out of here before I destroy you with my bare hands!"

Lilith giggled, the cut off the blindfold. 

"WHO-Are you?"

"Shocked much?"

"Yes. Now let me outta here!"

"Not so fast. I need you here for something. If I can get Malice...Malice!"

"Yes, your highness?"

"YOUR HIGHNESS? HAH! SHE"S NO QUEEN!"

"Get another blindfold. And bring the gun."

"Okay, okay! I'm sorry! What do you want from me?"

"I need to use you for something important. Malice! Get your brother instead!"

Vice walked into the room, clearly bored of getting called over.

"What is it?"

"Cast the spell."

Vice closed his eyes, black fog covering his wings and horns. All at once, the fog rushed to Violet, covering her entire body. As soon as it was there, Vice made it disappear. When Violet was visible again, she fainted.

"Good. Have you set up the chamber?"

"Yes. She will be moved there at once."

With a snap of his fingers, servants carried Violet out into the halls. Lilith shook.

"Are you alright, your highness?"

"...Yes. Vice, summon the assassins. True power has arrived."

Present Time

Angelica spoke softly.

"We must talk in private. Come and follow me so we can heal your friend even more."

"Heal me? But I'm perfectly-"

Ian passed out. 

"We must go now. Come, don't be too slow."

Marina cautiously followed the elegant stranger. When they stopped walking, they had arrived at a laboratory. It had looked brand new, but Marina had never seen it before.

"What is this place?"

"It's my home."

Marina tried her best to catch up with this strange girl, but Angelica had an almost inhumanly quick pace. Inside, the lab was ginormous. There was a kitchen with bar chairs, a hall that ended with several bedrooms, and a bathroom close by. It was a magnificent place.

"So, you've lived in this place all your life?"

"No, well, not exactly. I'm...Not human. I only took the form of a human so I wouldn't scare you off. I'm actually a being made of purity and kindness."

"So, a real angel?"

"Well, sort of. I can take any form I please, but my original form is pure light, so I stick to either a human form or an angel form."

"Is it hard being an angel?"

Angelica didn't say a thing.

"It is. Try being pure in a world of anger and hate. I...got exiled here."