-Chapter 7-

Ian ran through the forest, picking up the pace every second. While he looked for the portal, Elisa tried to text Marina. There was no reply.

"Found the portal!"

Elisa sprinted to Ian's desperate call. The portal looked like it was getting smaller. It could only fit one person.

"You go first, Ian."

Ian gradually sped up his pace until he ran through the portal. The portal began to shrink.

"Wait..."

The portal shut itself. 

"YOU BETTER NOT DIE IN THERE!!!"

Elisa screamed, but it was too late. Ian was terrified of the thought of Marina locked up in a cell somewhere. Ian kept running and stopped for a breather. He looked up to see an imposing castle a few meters in front of him. He banged on the doors over and over until he got splinters, which really wasn't that long. The doors creaked open with every bang until the doors gave way. An army of people waited for him, but they weren't ordinary. 

Demons.

Ian thought about busting each one of them down, but they split down the middle, making way for a tantalizingly beautiful demon that was wearing a headpiece that had a red gem in the center placed delicately on her forehead.

"You must be Ian. Guards!"

A pair of twins stepped aside, holding him back from moving. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't break loose. 

"Good. Now that that's out of the way, I'm assuming you're the other person sent to sacrifice something. I didn't want to make you do that until later, so I set this up to fool you."

"...Where is Marina?"

"Marina? Never heard of her. Can you repeat that?"

Lilith jokingly made Ian start to get furious.

"WHERE.IS.MARINA???"

Malice spoke up.

"Your Highness, he's breaking loose!"

Lilith stepped towards Ian until they were a hair's distance away from each other.

"I think that's quite enough of that. Now, SLEEP."

Lilith touched Ian's head and his head fell forwards.

"Send him to the cell beside the torture cell. This should be fun~."