chapter 14

"Get him!" Bumblebee cried out as they chased the blue wolf-con known as Steeljaw. His teammates came after him trying hard to catch him but just got in each other's way. Steeljaw sharply turned a corner losing the Autobots and kept running making sure he lost them, he wasn't looking where he was going when he smacked face first into a mound. Before he could investigate though he heard the Autobots behind him and bolted away from the area. Bumblebee slipped over on a mud puddle and was pushed as he fell by Strongarm and Sideswipe. They smacked into the mound and tipped it over revealing a tinted window! "What did we hit?" Sideswipe asked as Strongarm huffed angrily. "Who cares? We've lost the fugitive!" She whined and saw Bumblebee staring at what looked like a thin pod, it had the code 14 52 75 86 engraved on the side. "Let's get this thing back to the scrap yard, we'll open it there." He said picking up one end and the other two grabbed the other end and got started on a long slow walk home.

Grimlock watched as the rest of the team returned with the thin yet heavy pod over to the middle of the scrap yard. He walked over and saw a control pad on what looked like the door and saw the number code. Without saying anything to the others he punched in the code and the door opened with a hiss. "Grimlock what did you....?" Bumblebee asked as the hissing started to die down and Fix-it immediately went into hiding. They got their weapons ready as they heard quick tapping going on inside like as if there was an insecticon inside getting ready to attack. Bumblebee looked inside cautiously and lowered his gun with a sigh of relief. "Come out Star, you're safe now." He said gently and two crimson eyes could be seen from inside the pod. A clawed hand came out of the pod and was followed by a tall seeker that was as tall as Grimlock and almost as thin as a board. Bumblebee got one of Denny Clay's sheets and wiped the figures face. "Bumblebee.....don't you know who that is?" Fix-it asked with  fear as he poked his head out from his hiding place. Bumblebee chuckled as the figure wrapped his arms around Bumblebee's neck and his legs around his legs making him fall backwards. "Starscream! Get off!" He yelped and tried to wriggle his way out of his grip and caught bits and pieces if the taller mech's muttering making it sound like. "Don't let her get me........don't let her get me." Strongarm and Sideswipe tried to help pry Starscream's arms away from Bumblebee but he was too strong. "Who's trying to get you?" Bumblebee managed to ask as he was able to pull Starscream's clawed hands away from his throat and placed them around his chest. "Ara......Ara...." Starscream stuttered, tears streaming down his face and fear riddled his face.

After half an hour Bumblebee had finally calmed the young seeker down enough for him to let go just in time for Denny and Russell to return to the scrap yard. Denny smiled and waved to Starscream who was now sitting on the ground reading a book Bumblebee had given him. "Who's this?" He asked and watched as Starscream looked up for a moment before his eyes went wide and dropped the book. "Humans." He muttered and smiled widely remembering Miko, Raphael and Jack. Bumblebee smiled and nodded to Starscream telling him that it's ok to play with Russell. "This is Starscream, he's eighteen-and-a-half years old." He said and before Russell could speak Starscream dashed off disappearing into the scrap yard,  moments later he reappeared with a soccer ball in his hand and rolled it around in the palm of his hand. "Play?" He asked looking straight at Russell and he laughed. "I think you're a little too big to play soccer with." He said and Starscream shook his head with a smile and carefully tossed the ball to Russell. "Catch." He said and Russell nodded watching as Starscream sat on the ground holding his hands out to Russell. After ten minutes they got into a steady rhythm and were playing together as if they'd been playing together their whole lives. Bumblebee takes a picture with his data pad and sends it to Megatron, moments later he sends this text:

BUMBLEBEE OMP WHERE DID YOU FIND STARSCREAM?! HE'S BEEN MISSING FOR A WEEK!

We found him this morning in a pod, i never got word he was missing.

He was trying to find his pet Steeljaw, look after him until i get there and try to find out what happened to him.

Will do Megatron, Starscream won't leave our sight.

He put his data pad down and watched as Starscream played and looked at Sideswipe from the corner of his eye. Russell then got up and put on his football helmet. "I'll be back later dad, I've got a game to play." He called and was about to leave when Starscream blocked him off. "But i thought we were having fun." He said in a slight hiss in his tone as Russell walked around his hand. "We were but i promised my friends that I'd play a game with them today, we'll play more when i get back." He promised as he left, Bumblebee grew worried seeing the anger in Starscream's eyes. He remembered that Miko, Jack and Raphael would always play with him but now it seems Starscream is getting jealous because he isn't Russell's only friend.