chapter 15

Steeljaws was sniffing around the forest. An hour ago he started catching the sent of something sweet and loving, like the feeling of sitting in front of a fireplace on a cold day with long warm loving arms around him. His spark pounded as he got closer to the sorce of the smell and growled as he saw the scrap yard. So many times he has tried to take it over to release his fallen brothers yet all atempts had been failures. He was about to leave when a figure had moved into view, his eyes widened seeing Starscream move into view. "Brother." He mumbled and dashed away back to his base to speak with his fellow Decepticons.

"So you want to recruit him?" Thunderhoof asked a little confused after Steeljaw had explained about Starscream. "Of course i want to recruit him! But first i want to get him away from the Autobots to get him on our side." Steeljaws said as he paced the room. Fracture got out his swords and sharpened them. "So you want a distraction?" Fracture asked and Steeljaw nodded. "Yes, and for this plan to work i need to do something i haven't done in a long time." He looked at the other mechs and sighed. "I'm going to have to go full dog." the others gasped in horror. "But Steeljaw.....if you go full dog you may never come back!" Clampdown said nervously and Steeljaw nodded. "I know the risks of such an act but i can't just stand by when my sister is in Autobot hands. I need your help more than ever now, if i can't come back from it then Thunderhoof is in charge." He added to try and get a grin from Thunderhoof at leats but they still all looked horrified. It has been ages since an animal-con has gone back to their natural ways and they had no idea how it could turn out. Steeljaw looked away from his group and walked to a spare room he had made his room. He looked at the photo beside his bed that had him and Starscream on a swing together. "I'll get you back my darling brother." He said hugging the photo.

~At the scrap yard~

"STARSCREAM! PUT THAT DOWN NOW!" Bumblebee screamed in panic seeing Starscream juggle highly unstable energy containers. "What was that Uncle bee?" Starscream asked looking at him and was so distracted that he dropped the containers. Luckily Sideswipe and Strongarm were able to catch them before they hit the ground and wiped half the planet's life off the face of the Earth. "Starscream what have I told you about playing with things as dangerous as this?" He said angrily and Starscream looked at his feet. "Sorry uncle Bee. I was just so bored." "Look, I know we haven't been able to play with you but we're doing serious....." At that moment the alarms went off and they gathered around Fix-it at the console. "There is a disturbance in the woods, right near the hunting lodge!" Fix-it said and Bumblebee nodded. "Alright everyone, time to rock and roll!" "Boo!" Starscream moaned and Bee rolled his eyes. "Let's just go." He said transforming. "Now stay here Starscream, no matter what happens don't leave the scrap yard." He said sternly before they all left leaving Starscream alone with Fix-it. 

Steeljaw waited at the edge of the woods until finally Bee and his team had left. Finally! Now for phase two. He thought and got on all fours, he flattened his ears and widened his yellow eyes. He let his tongue hang out of his open mouth and wagged his tail happily with fast joyful pants. He felt a little of his civilised attitude slip away as he bounded down to the wall and stood up with his front paws on the wall and wagged his tail going almost full dog. He began barking and scraped his claws against the wall excitedly.

Starscream looked up from his book and heard frantic barking. What was that? Was that an Earth dog? He thought and went to see what was going on. He looked over the wall on his tip toes and gasped happily. "Steeljaw! Steeljaw is that you boy?" He asked and Steeljaw bounded around happily with his tail wagging around so fast it was almost invisible. I guess it shouldn't hurt to step out for a moment. He thought and climbed over the wall landing on his aft. "Ouch, that hurt my aft." He whimpered and rubbed his back as Steeljaw raced over and jumped onto Starscream's chest licking his face with joy. Starscream laughed happily as Steeljaw got off him and jumped around a little towards the woods. "Hey, come back!" Starscream chuckled and chased after his friend into the woods, and straight to Steeljaw's base.