Chapter 25: Staying warm

Sam

We must have fallen asleep, because the only light source in the room is the fireplace. I look to my right where Bobbi is snuggled against me under the covers. She looks peaceful and happy and I'm glad that I was the one bringing that smile to her face.

I can't believe we finally did it. No. We didn't just do it. This was different. We didn't just have sex. We made love. The few other times I was with a girl can't be compared to what I shared with Bobbi. That was just sex with those other girls, no real feelings. But with Bobbi things are different. I joked that I acted like the virgin, but in a way I was. This was the first time I was intimate with someone that I love.

I look at the fire again and realize it's almost going out. I manage to get out of bed without waking this sweet angel that I can call mine and rush over to put a few logs in, heating the cabin up again. I watch the flames dance and I smile to myself. Bobbi is it for me. I don't care how young we are. She is my best friend, my confidant, my partner, my lover, my soul mate. I couldn't imagine anyone else filling that position.

I'm so lost in my thoughts that I don't even hear Bobbi get out of bed and coming to where I sit in front of the fireplace.

"It's too cold to sit here naked," she says sitting down next to me and holding the comforter she is wearing around her shoulders up so that I can put it around me too. I smile and kiss her and she snuggles close to me for warmth.

"Thank you, babe," I tell her.

"You're welcome. So, you already bored with me and decided to be entertained by the fire?" she asks looking at the fireplace, but I know she's messing with me.

"Yeah, you fell asleep immediately and I got bored just laying there," I joke.

"Not true," she says looking up at me with her beautiful green eyes. "You were out before me. I even played with your hair while you were asleep."

"Ah, now I get why my hair is so messy," I say and kiss her cheek. We remain like this for a while, me holding her with one arm and she resting her head on my shoulder. "That was incredible," I say. I don't have to say what, she knows.

"Yeah, was okay," she teases. "I hope I wasn't too rough, I mean it was your first time after all," she says and looks at me.

"You were very sweet and gentle. Thank you," I say and kiss her lips. When we part I feel very warm and pull her onto my lap. She sits down facing me and I kiss her again. I never wanted to kiss anyone as much as I want to kiss her. It's like I'm an addict and she is my drug of choice. "But seriously, Bobbi, that was incredible. I had sex before, but what we shared wasn't sex, it was love. Thank you for that," I tell her.

"It was, wasn't it?" she asks playing with my hair again.

"Did it hurt?" I ask her.

"A little, but I had worse. Besides I knew it was coming and I wanted this, I wanted us to be together. Thank you for being so patient and caring throughout this time," she says laying her head on my shoulder as she absentmindedly traces my jaw line with her right index finger.

"I would have waited twice as long or more if that's what you needed. I don't want you to do things you are not comfortable with just for my sake."

"I know and same goes for you. Deal?"

"Deal." I hold her close to me, rubbing her back and inhaling her scent. "Bob?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you very much," I tell her.

"I love you too."

We sit there in front of the fire for a long while enjoying the warmth and tranquility, but more importantly each other's company. I think of my life so far. My childhood wasn't the best, it wasn't the worst either, but with my father being abusive toward my mother it sure left a mark. I always felt damaged because of that. But the way Bobbi looks at me, touches me, kisses me I feel whole and worthy. She has no idea the impact she had on me.