Chapter 18. Weeping Willow (Edited)

Willow and I are Ruben! Of course it all makes sense.

"We will see you two again." The wolf said.

"What do you mean where are you going?" Willow asked but the wolf disappeared. A bright light appeared and all of a sudden a bright, white, light appeared. Then I all of a sudden I see the entire Starlight Pack bowing in front of us and the man who talked about Willow was ripped to shreds in front of us. Both Willow and I were fully dressed but Willow had a blue streak in her hair.

"Your hair." We said at the same time. As soon as they rose they quickly apologized to Willow.

"Alright everyone! This way!" Willow said. This time, everyone followed her with no hesitation. While we were walking, Lukas pulled me aside.

"What was that?" He asked.

"Will and I figured it out? Ruben isn't a person. Ruben is the wolf. It's when Ruby and Kaden fuse together. They make a totally different wolf."

"I saw! I never seen a wolf of that color before. A ton of power radiated off of you!"

"How powerful were we?"

"More powerful than an Alpha I've met. Do you think that you could do it again?"

"I think so maybe."

"We could really use that power."

"Once this is done, we'll practice it again. I'm pretty sure we can do it again. Right?"

*******************

2 weeks later

"Ugh! WHY CAN'T WE GET THIS RIGHT!!"

"Again!" I said. Lukas and several guards surrounded us and watched us carefully as Willow and I shifted into our wolves. We concentrated until the streaks on our back began to glow. I stood over Willow protectively and the light appeared.

'Come on, come on!" I thought but instead of fusing us together it, it repelled us and sent us flying apart in human form, luckily fully dressed.

"This is hopeless." Willow said.

"Let's do it one more time." I said.

"Try it one more time." Lukas said. Willow nodded defeatedly as she shifted into Ruby. I shifted into Kaden again. We tried it one more time, but the same thing happened. I struggled to get to my feet. We have to keep trying, we can't stop until we can do it.

"Come on Willow, again!" I said desperately.

"Zek that's enough it won't work." She said.

"It has to work! Let's do it again!"

"Zek, she's right. You need to stop." Lukas said.

"No, we can't stop now. We have to get this right." I said getting frustrated. "Do it again."

"What's the point of doing it, when your body is exhausted." Lukas said.

"It's okay. We'll get it tomorrow for sure! We should rest." Willow said putting her hand on my arm but I shrugged it off.   

" We have to get this right. We have a week until the attack. Everyone is counting on us to help them fight. If you aren't going to take this seriously then you can leave."

"I am! How can we train if your exhausted. I'm just trying to help but-"

"You know what, your a failure. Your weak, and you screw everything up." I yelled. "If you aren't going to help, then you can just leave like everyone else in my life." A of a sudden everything went still. It was like the world stopped spinning. Tears pooled in Willow's eyes, they threatened to spill over. I knew I had crossed the line. All of a sudden I felt weak, like I couldn't move.