Chapter 1

Annabeth Chase was curling her hair for the first day of school. She was already dress and her makeup was flawless. Her smoky eye shadow make her grey eyes a piercing color. Her navy dress came down to her knees and had white polka dots. Her peach heels sitting right beside her, ready to be put on before she headed down stairs and left for her first day of Senior year. As she fixed her blonde hair her mind wandered.

She was captain of the cheer team at her school, Olympus High. And she was dating the Quarterback, Luke Castellan. Her grades were straight A's, with not one below a 95.

Everything was going according to plan.

She would date Luke through High School, he would get a football scholarship and she would get a cheerleading one to Jupiter University in New Rome, California. They could then marry, after they got their degrees.

Luke would work for his father, Hermes, and take over Mercury Inc, one of the biggest businesses in the United States. They dealt with shipping, technology, mail, and everything travel related.

Annabeth would go and be a lawyer at the Athens Law Firm, Annabeth's mother's firm.

Once her hair was perfect Annabeth touched up her mascara and grabbed her favorite lip gloss and heels. She walked down the stairs and saw her mother and father sitting at the dinning table. Her father, Frederick Chase, who was working on his newest history book was typing away furiously at his computer. Her mother was on the phone as she also typed away at her laptop, the Bluetooth earpiece attached to her ear like it usually was.

"No! I told you the Smith case needs that a arson expert. Call in Wilson, he should be perfect for this case" Athena said as she typed on her laptop.

Annabeth walked into the kitchen, pouring herself a cup of coffee into her thermos and grabbing a bright red apple and a granola bar, putting both in her purse for her lunch later.

"Annabeth, sweetie, can you pour me a cup?" her father asked, not taking his eyes off the screen.

"Sure thing dad" Annabeth said grabbing a mug from the cupboard.

"Two sugars and a little bit of cream" her father said.

"Alright dad" Annabeth said scooping in the sugar and pouring in the cream as she added a little to her own coffee.

"Shouldn't you be off already?" her mother asked.

"I am about to leave right now" Annabeth said as she walked over and set the cup of coffee down next to her father's laptop.

Athena looked up from her screen for a moment and her eyes raked down Annabeth.

"You look presentable" she said, turning back to the screen in front of her.

"Thank you" Annabeth said smiling slightly. That was the best complement she was going to get from her mother, regardless of how she looked. Athena was a very, very, very hard person to please. Very few things met her high standards. Which was why Annabeth worked so hard to plan her life to the absolute 't'.

"Are you driving today?" her father asked.

"Luke usually drives her" Athena added, picking up her phone and typing in a new number.

"Luke is driving me today. He wanted to start our Senior year together" Annabeth said, picking up her own phone to check for any texts.

"I'll be back late tonight." Athena said then punching the call button on her phone and walking out the door.

"Did you get a hold of Wilson yet?" she said as she closed the door behind her "Yes! I need him to testify! Why else would I call him! I'm not asking him out to dinner!" she shouted.