Chapter 14

PERCY

Percy pulled into the parking lot of the school that Tuesday. Taking off his helmet he swung his leg over the side of his bike and put his keys in his pockets.

He waited for a few minutes until he saw the expensive looking SUV pull into the parking lot as well. Percy started walking towards where the car was now currently parked.

He saw Nico and Hazel's chauffeur, Jules- Albert driving the car and the two siblings getting out of it.

"Hey Neeks."

Nico looked over his shoulder and smiled. "Hey Perce. Thanks again for doing this."

Percy waved him off. "No problem. Hey Hazel."

Hazel smiled and strode over, pulling Percy into a big hug. "I haven't seen you in forever!"

Percy chuckled again and returned the hug. "Sorry 'bout that Haze."

Hazel looked much more excited than Percy had even seen her. She was wearing a navy blue dress with a Peter Pan style white collar and cuffs, and a pair of simple flats. Her curly brown hair was free flowing, and came down past her shoulders. She had a brown satchel at her side and her golden eyes sparkled with pure energy.

"You look excited," Percy observed.

Hazel nodded vigorously. "I'm so happy I finally get to go to school here! It's like a dream!"

Percy laughed a bit and Hazel turned her attention to her half-brother.

"Okay, Percy's got me from here. You can go tell dad I made it in one piece."

Nico laughed and pulled his sister into a hug. "Good luck Hazel. If anything goes wrong, call."

Hazel nodded and Nico got back into the car.

The two of them waved goodbye as the black car pulled away.

Percy then turned back to Hazel. "You'll probably have to go to the office first. Do you already have your schedule?"

Hazel nodded. "Yeah, they did a little tour for me yesterday and gave me this."

She pulled out a slip of yellow paper and Percy took it into his hands.

HAZEL MARIE LEVESQUE-DI ANGELO

GRADE: 11TH

1ST PERIOD: CHEMISTRY HONORS

2ND PERIOD: ENGLISH 4 HONORS

3RD PERIOD: COMMUNICATIONS

4TH PERIOD: US HISTORY HONORS

B LUNCH

5TH PERIOD: PRE-ALGEBRA HONORS

6TH PERIOD: FRENCH 2 CP

7TH PERIOD: HOME ECONOMICS

Percy whistled a bit. "Wow...all honors huh?"

Hazel nodded, tucking a bit of her hair behind her ear. "Well a private tutor for most of my schooling helps."

"Well, I can get you to your first class. You know where to go for the rest of the day right?"

Hazel nodded. "I think so. But I can probably ask someone for directions right?"

"Yeah," Percy nodded. "And you'll probably be happy to know we can eat lunch together if you want."

Hazel's face lit up at this. "Really!?"

Percy smiled and nodded. With his confirmation, Hazel bounced on the balls of her feet and clasped her hands together. "This is so great!"

And so, Percy lead Hazel into the school and through the halls and mass of other students.