Chapter 2

Annabeth was standing in the middle of the main school office, completely at a loss for what to do. Her body moved to walk out of the office and down the hall before her mind finally caught up when she walked into her AP Psychology class. She sat down and pulled out her agenda, copying down the homework and collecting the syllabus from the teacher while she stared at the manila folder sitting on her desk.

As she walked to the study hall she saw Luke saving a seat for her.

"Hey babe, saved you a seat" Luke said as he leaned back in his chair and Annabeth sat down.

"Thanks" Annabeth said, sighing as she stared at the folder once more.

"What's wrong?" Luke asked "Is it something with why they called you to the office earlier?"

"Yes. I got my mentor assignment" Annabeth said.

"Who is it? Is it anyone we know?" Luke said.

"Oh, we know him alright" Annabeth said, the anger rising in her chest.

"Who?" Luke said.

"Percy Jackson" Annabeth said, crossing her arms.

"No...no freaking way" Luke said his eyes going wide.

"Its true, as much as I don't want it to be... its true. I have to set up a time and place to meet with the most annoying boy in the school once a week." Annabeth said putting her head in her hands.

"That's...that's not fair!" Luke said, as the shock turned into anger.

"I can't fight this Luke. I signed an agreement stating that I would mentor any student. I can't back out now unless I have a legitimate reason that is approved by Mr. Chiron." Annabeth said.

"But-but out of everyone Mr. Chiron chose Percy!" Luke said.

"Quiet Mr. Castellen" the teacher in charge of study hall, Mr. Hypnos, said before falling back asleep on his desk.

"He said that if anyone can help Percy...it's me" Annabeth said looking down.

"He's going to drop out before spring comes anyway, so why is Mr. Chiron even bothering?" Luke said.

"That's the thing, when Mr. Chiron said Percy might not graduate High School, Percy seemed...scared? Like that was the last thing he wanted." Annabeth said, her hand on her chin as she thought carefully.

"That..actually is shocking" Luke said, looking a little confused even.

"I know...I thought he would say something snarky or just walk out, but he looked genuinely concerned that he might not graduate." Annabeth said then sighing "And know I have to see that he does."

"Hey, if he gives you any trouble I'll make sure to beat him up" Luke sad pounding his fist.

"No, you can't. You have to much riding on that scholarship. So no fighting" Annabeth said wagging her finger.

"Okay, okay. I know" Luke said waving her off "But if he takes one step out of line..."

"Trust me on this Luke, Percy lays one finger on me I will break it" I said.

"That's my girl" Luke said.

I smiled as I turned back to Percy's folder. manila folder was still unopened and Mr. Chiron said it had all of Percy's academic history.

"Aren't you gonna open it?" Luke asked.

"No.. not right now. I'm actually not supposed to share any personal information about the student I am mentoring to anyone, unless they give me permission." I said.