Chapter 11

ANNABETH

"Come on! Annie! The game's tonight and we need to get ready!"

Annabeth chuckled a bit as Piper pouted. "I just need to get Percy's vocabulary test grade. You can go one without me."

Piper rolled her eyes. "No, I'll go with you. Come on."

The two girls walked through the halls to the classroom. But what shocked Annabeth was the fact that Percy Jackson was standing outside the room as well, looking very nervous.

"Percy? What are you doing here?"

Percy looked up and saw Annabeth and Piper standing in front of him. "Oh...I was just waiting to find out my grade."

Piper's eyes went wide with shock and she blurted out, "You're waiting to find out your grade!?"

Annabeth glared at her friend. "Piper!"

Piper looked at Annabeth sheepishly. "Sorry Annie."

Annabeth sighed and looked back at Percy. "Sorry about her, she sometimes blurts things out."

Percy rubbed the back of his neck. "Oh, it's okay."

"Mr. Jackson," the teacher called from inside the room.

The group walked into the classroom and stood in front of the desk where the teacher was grading.

He raised an eyebrow at Piper but Percy told him he was just here with Annabeth and he didn't mind.

"Very well. Here you are Mr. Jackson," the teacher handed the piece of paper over and Annabeth held her breath.

The teacher then stood up and walked out of the room, asking if Annabeth would shut the door and turn off the lights after they were done.

"What did you get?"

Percy quickly turned it over in his hands and a large grin appeared on his face.

"85."

Annabeth gasped a bit. "85...you got an 85%!"

Percy nodded enthusiastically and Annabeth was beaming.

"That's amazing Percy!"

"I never would have gotten it without you."

"You took the test! I just helped you a bit."

Percy shook his head. "No, I would have failed if it wasn't for you. You're an amazing tutor."

Annabeth felt her cheeks turn a bit pink and her mouth went dry.

"Well...you still did a lot of the work." Annabeth tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

"I have to go now, I have a shift I need to get to."

"Oh! Yeah, then you better go."

Percy started to walk towards the door and looked over his shoulder. "I'll see you again on Thursday!"

Annabeth was still beaming when she looked over at her best friend.

"What?" She said, seeing the look Piper was giving her. Piper was staring like there was something on her face. Annabeth absentmindedly wiped her cheeks and checked for any dirt or other debris.

"You and Percy seem close."

"And?"

Annabeth narrowed her gaze. "What are you trying to say?"

"You've just done a really quick turn around, that's all."

"If you are trying to say something, please tell me Pipes."