Chapter 10

ANNABETH

Mr. Chiron called Annabeth to the office, during lunch on Wednesday.

She entered the guidance counselor's office and sat down on the chair across from him.

"Mr. Chrion...is this about the dyslexia test Percy took?"

He nodded. "The results have come in. I've already contacted Mr. Jackson and told him the results. He has given permission for you too see them as well, stating you wouldn't rest until you knew."

Chiron then slid a sheet of paper across his desk. Annabeth picked it up and scanned it quickly.

"Positive for a mild case of dyslexia," Chiron stated. "It seems your suspicions were well placed, Miss Chase.

Annabeth felt the piece of paper fall into her lap as she stared at the counselor with wide eyes.

"What will happen now?"

Mr. Chiron sighed as he leaned his elbows on his desk. "First of all, Mr. Jackson does not wish to be put in special needs classes. And the fact his case is very mild would allow him to do so."

"So he just keeps failing, but now with an excuse!?"

Chiron narrowed his eyes at Annabeth. "I would remind you to keep your voice down Miss Chase."

Annabeth opened her mouth to retort before Chiron raised a hand. "And for the fact, I'm not finished."

She closed her mouth and nodded, waiting for Mr. Chiron to continue.

"As I was saying, I have notified his teachers and many have agreed to make certain allowances for Mr. Jackson. This will include longer time to finish some assignments and different fonts and such on papers. You and Mr. Jackson will still continue to participate in the mentor program, and I will offer you a few tools to aid you in this matter."

"Aid? How?"

"Well a few books on dyslexia will be given to you and material to help teach Mr. Jackson as well."

Mr. Chiron then opened a drawer to his right and took out two small books and handed them to Annabeth.

"These can help you, and if you need anything else, please ask."

Annabeth nodded and stood up, placing the results on the desk and holding the two books in her arms. She turned to leave the office but stopped at the doorway.

"Thank you, Mr. Chiron...for everything."

Chiron raised an eyebrow at this. "I get the feeling you mean more than this test."

Annabeth nodded. "If you hadn't paired me up with Percy, then no one might have realized what was going on and well...I just want to say I'm sorry for making such a fuss over this whole mentor thing at the beginning of the year."

Chiron smiled warmly at Annabeth. "You're welcome Miss Chase, and there is no need to apologize. I'm glad to see you and Mr. Jackson are working so well together."

Annabeth smiled softly at this and left the office. While walking she looked at the two books in her hands and frowned slightly.

There was a lot of work to be done, and she only had a day to do it.

PERCY

Percy was staring at the large glass doors of the Alexandrian Library.

Taking a deep breath he walked inside and towards the back table. As expected he saw Annabeth right there, but what he didn't expect was two stacks of books and a pile of papers.