Chapter 15

PERCY

Percy pulled into school that Friday and parked his bike. Pulling off his helmet he saw Annabeth walking towards him. "Hello Princess, what do I owe the pleasure?"

Annabeth had a strange expression on her face that he couldn't quite place as she said. "Oh, I just wanted to wish you luck on your test in English today."

"Really?" he said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, did you review last night and this morning?"

"I promise I did," he said shifting the book bag on his shoulder.

"Okay..."

There was an awkward silence before Percy said. "Um..."

"So...do you have any plans this weekend?" she said, seemingly trying to make small talk.

He smirked a little. "Asking me out princess?"

She turned red and glared at him a bit. "When hell freezes over Jackson."

He put his hand on his chest. "Your words hurt me Chase, and I thought we were on first name-nickname basis now." And she only rolled her eyes at him.

"But if you want to know, I'm working mainly, you?"

"Oh I'm going to Luke's birthday party on Saturday" she answered and Percy rolled his eyes.

"What is it with you two?!"

"Sorry princess, but other than me your taste in men is lacking."

"Again, I'll reference the 'when hell freezes over' comment but I just don't get why both of you can't get over...this!"

"Castellan is jealous?" he smirked which only caused her to glare more.

"You're incorrigible."

"And yet we're still talking."

Annabeth huffed a bit and turned to walk away. "Good luck on your test today."

Percy chuckled and then walked into the school. He did try to think about what about Luke rubbed him the wrong way. Maybe it was the fact almost everything was handed to him on a silver platter from birth. Or that he seemed to feel like Olympus High was his own personal kingdom and he was the King. Percy went to class and wondered why he felt more antagonistic to Luke but also didn't want to start anything with him either. He figured he didn't want to cause Annabeth more trouble as she really was helping him graduate. Plus if it got bad he might get reassigned to someone new that wasn't as good as Annabeth.

So he made the decision to not get into it with Annabeth's boyfriend...well at least he wouldn't fire the first shot. Annabeth couldn't object to that if Luke started it.

The day went by fast and as Percy drove home he found himself thinking of Annabeth once more. A common occurrence now since the little blonde had invaded his life.

He parked his bike in front of the building and went inside. "Hey, I'm home." He called out as he entered the apartment. As he did he felt someone grab his legs and looked down, smiling he picked up Tyson. "Hey buddy, how was your day?"

"Great!" he said smiling. Percy walked further inside and smiled. "Hey Silena."

Silena was dark haired and had bright blue eyes, she was wearing a simple top and jeans but looked like she was a super model.

She smiled and said. "Hey Percy, how was school?"

"Good." he shrugged a bit. "Is Charlie at the shop?"

Silena nodded. "Yes he is, he'll be home in time for dinner though. We still have so much to catch up on."

Percy nodded a bit and carried Tyson to the living room and setting him down by his playsets and crayons. "Lookit!" He said tugging on Percy's jeans and ran to grab a drawing. Holding it up he showed Percy it and Percy smiled as he crouched down and took it. "Wow Ty, that's amazing. You're really good. I'm going to put this on the fridge okay bud?"