Chapter 7

Ryland follows into the dark subway tracks. Rick, who has a gun pointed upwards, looks at her.

Above them is Incubus, slaughtering everyone in his path.

Rick stares at the ceiling, his head moving with the deep steps that echo above them.

Ryland looks at the ceiling nervously and inhales a shaky breath.

"He's right above us " Ricks says as he takes off his aromour.

Ryland shakes her head "This is a mistake. Rick. I can't do this I can't" She says, her voice sounding panics.

"Listen, listen" He says, holding her head in his hands.

"There's no other way. Just get it done" He steps away from her and grabs his gun in his hands.

"Just get it done" He repeats.

Ryland takes in a shaky breath. Her nails dig into the palm of her hands. 

"Keeper"

____________

"Flag, talk to me. Whats going on down there?" Amanda questions into the comm.

There is a moment of silence, before Rick speaks out.

"Amanda, she bolted" Amanda's face turns into one of anger

"Say it again?"

"She bolted!" Rick screams into the comm.

Amanda shakes her head.

"Shit!"

She turns around and grabs the needle, stabbing it various times on the red heart.

_____________

Keeper appears in front of Enchantress. She grunts in pain as rays of red light shine through her body.

"Sister" She whispers as she clutches her hands.

"Now is your time" She says. Enchantress nods, before fading away, to where their brother stands.

_____________

Rick looks around him in panic. He had told her that everything was going to be fine, and now she was gone.

He pulls his hat off, and runs his hands through his hair while walking around, pacing back and forth.

A moment passes, and he knows that he needs to go.

"God damn it!" He yells, his voice echoing in the subway basement. 

He starts walking away.

Then he stops.

Soft whimpers. It's all he hears.

He turns around, looking for the source of the crying.

He finally turns a corner, and right there, curled up in a ball, is Ryland.

She clutches her heart, sobbing uncontrollably. Her eyes are looking into the void, and her hair hangs limp around her.

Then looks at Rick, her eyes vulnerable and fragile.

"Rick" She whispers out. Rick rushes towards her and picks her up bridal style. She is soaking wet, but he doesn't care.

"Rick. it hurts!" She cries out, still clutching her heart.

"Amanda!" Rick yells through the comms.

Ryland lets out a pained cry.

"Amanda!" He yells again, panic now lacing his tone "Stop! She's here! She's back!" He yells in desperation.

"She's with you?" Amanda says in a tight voice after a moment.

"Yes!" Rick says.

He looks at Ryland and starts walking down the vehicles.

 "Rick. She's doing something with the Enchantress. They're planning something" She whispers out, her voice barely audible. Ryland's wide eyed, tear streaked face looks back at him. 

Rick feels her trembling in his hands, and he clutches her tighter.

"Amanda" he says in a much calmer voice this time.

"What?" She says.

"The Enchantress is doing something" He merely says, hoping Amanda'll get the message.

Theres a moment of silence.

"I know. Just saw the whole commotion. Take Ms. Moone with you. I don't want her out of your sight. You understand? I want 24 hour surveillance on her. "

Rick nods, and reaches one of the trucks. He lays Ryland on the back seat, where she stays, motionless, and Rick grabs the wheel, ready to go.

"Copy that Amanda. We're on our way"

Not sure about this chapter but... anyways i'm doing a character Q and A, so fi you have any questions about Ryland just ask in the comments down below.