Chapter 26

If you suffer from depression, this might not be the right chapter for you. You can skip it and it wont change the story at all. If you are suffering from this, get help. If you need anything or just want to talk don't doubt to message me and I will listen. Talk to someone. It feels good to let things out.

______

Flashback

(In this flashback the two of them are still not  living together)

"I'm back" Rick says as he enters the house, his arms filled with grocery bags.

He looks around, trying to find her as he closes the door behind him.

"Ry?" He asks again as he sets the bags down in the kitchen table.

He looks around, stepping into the living room, then into her bedroom, frowning when he finds no one.

"Ry" he calls out, this time less than a question.

He stops walking, his eyebrows furrowed.

Then he hears the water running.

"Ryland?" He questions as he walks towards the bathroom.

No answer.

Panic starts to creep in him as he reaches for the door handle.

It's locked.

He rattles the doorknob, trying to get in.

"Ryland" he says, panic lacing his tone as he pushes the door slightly with his body.

He gets no answer.

"Ryland!" He exclaims as he rattles to doorknob harder.

"Ryland I need you to answer me" He says, louder.

He pulls back, running a hand through his hair, as he lets out a stressed sigh.

He turns back to the door, pushing it with his body.

"Ryland if you don't answer me I'll have to come in" he says to the door.

He pauses, waiting for an answer and sighing when he gets nothing.

"Ry!" He exclaims into the door, desperation on his eyes.

Then he pulls back, getting ready to tear the door down.

He takes in a breath, and then kicks the door, causing it to fall backwards into the bathroom.

He runs inside, looking into the bath. Then he takes in a shaky breath as he stares.

Ryland sits there, her lips are blue with cold, and she is visibly shivering. Her knees are pulled up to her chest and she stares at the wall in front of her with vacant eyes.

Then she turns to look at him, her eyes looking dull. Her eyebrows rise slightly as she takes in the sight of him, as if she was just realizing he was here.

"Rick" she exhales shakily.

Rick sighs, ushering for a tower and shutting the water off, as he grabs her from her underarms, pulling her up and wrapping a tower around her shoulders.