Chapter 20

Flashback

Ryland hugs a sobbing June tightly.

"It's fine, June. it's going to be fine" She soothes, running her hand though June's hazel brown hair softly.

June sobbs into her shoulder, shaking her head as she clutches tightly to her.

"Don't you get it? It never stops" She says pulling back and staring at Ryland with puffy red eyes.

Ryland's eyes soften and she nods.

"June... I do get it. We're in this together" She whispers as she hugs her once again.

She feels June nod into her shoudler. and together they sit on the edge of the bed, waiting for the episode to pass.

When June is finally calm, Ryland finally takes it as her chance to question her.

"What happened, June? Exactly?" She asks, edging closer to her.

June shakes her head, sniffing quietly as she wipes her nose.

"I don't know. Enchantress, she... she blocks out my memories. I can't remember anything" She whispers, looking at Ryland with wide eyes.

"Oh, June" Ryland sighs, raising a hand and touching softly the side of her cheek and then pulls her into a silent hug once again.

"Ry"

Ryland turns to look the voice, watching as Rick motions quietly toward the hallway, indicating her that it's time to go.

Ryland nods, holding up her index finger, motioning for one more minute.

Rick stares, and then nods, trailing out of the room and closing the door behind him quietly, as to not disrupt the moment.

Ryland finally pulls back, wiping a stray tear from her own eye and looking at June.

"June. Listen to me. It's going to be fine" She says, nodding to her.

"It's going to be fine. Nothing is going to happen. And if it does, you call me and I'll be here in a second. You hear me?" She questions, holding both of Junes hands.

June nods, letting out a breath.

Ryland nods, before standing up from the bed and holding out her hand to wipe the tears from June's cheeks.

"It's going to be fine" She says, nodding at her words.

"It's going to be fine" June whispers, repeating her words.

Ryland gives her a final nod, before pulling back and turning around, walking towards the doorway.

"Bye June" She says, holding her finger to the side of her nose, a secret goodbye that the sisters had established when they were mere children.

June nods, putting her index finger to the side of her nose.

Ryland then pulls the door open, walking out the door, and slowly closing the door behind her.

She closes her eyes, gathering herself for a second before turning around to look at Rick, who is leaning against the hallway wall.

"Rick. You have to promise me that you'll try your best to protect her" She says softly staring at him as her voice cracks.

Rick stands up, going towards her and enveloping her in a hug as he nods quietly.

They stay there, Ryland breathing in his essence and Rick breathing in her lavander scent.

Then Rick pulls away, touching her cheek softly.

"Rick..." Ryland says once again, trailing off.

Their heads inch closer, until their noses are touching.

And they are kissing.

The kiss is soft, filled with hope and fragileness.

Both of them pull back, Rick smiling softly as he stares at her, and Ryland smiling back.

"You'll try to protect her right? For me" She questions, looking at his hazel chocolate eyes as her hand finds his.

And strangely enough, Rick finds himself nodding and saying something out of pure love.

"For you, Ryland? I would do anything"

____

A/N:  AWWWWW I just love this ship!