Chapter 22

The team stands behind a building, each of them watching as Captain Boomerang grabs a boomerang from the insides of his jacket, swinging it into the direction of the giant storm.

Ryland stands besides Rick, watching the device that Boomerang is holding.

Her eyebrows rise when she sees the footage.

"We think that thing is a weapon" Rick says, motioning to the gigantic storm that is coming into view on the camera.

"Here. Lower" Rick says, motioning for Boomerang to get a close up on the scene.

Boomerang starts getting closer, inching up and getting to see what might have been a silouhette in the middle of the storm. But then the footage gets cut off, causing a sigh from Ryland, as she steps back.

"We gotta take out the big one" Deadshot says. Ryland looks at him, watching as he points to where all the action is.

Rick looks at Ryland, who nods, assuring him that it is what they need to do.

He sighs, looking at the brick wall in front of him before turning to the rest of the team.

"I left a big ass demo charge down there in that subway" He finally says, looking at Deadshot.

Deadshot nods, motioning for him to go on.

"There's a flooded tunnel. Leads right underneath that building"

Ryland looks at KC, who seems to be following the plan, growling and nodding as Rick continues to talk.

"The SEAL can recover the charge, and swim it underneath that things feet" He finalizes, making motions with his hands.

"We get in it's face and distract the hell out of that son of a bitch so the swimmers can blow the bomb. That's how we take it out"

Ryland steps forward, an idea dawning in her mind.

"Um. I can go in there. It will distract him" She pitches in as she points to the building where Incubus is.

Everyone goes silent and turns towards her, some of them offering weird faces, while other just stare. 

She shrugs, leaning back on the balls of her feet.

"I mean, if he hurts me, he hurts Keeper, and I guess that would be a bad thing. Right? So he can't hurt me" She says, pointing at herself.

Everyone stays silent, contemplating the idea.

Then Rick shakes his head.

"No. You're not going to do that" He says simply.

"Why not?" Ryland questions, her eyebrows rising.

"It's too dangerous. And if you turn while you're up there, then they'll get you and their plan will be complete" He finishes as he shakes his head.

Ryland let's out a sigh, shaking her head in defeat.

Rick turns to look at the team, nodding slightly as his vision shifts to the giant power storm that lies ahead of them.

"We'll deal with the distraction once we get there."

___

Ryland watches with the rest of the team as the NAVY carry the oxygen tanks and equipment, setting them on the edge of the tunnel.

Then her eyes trail with KC, as he walks over the NAVY, and starts taking off his shirt.

"I'm going with you" She hears KC say in his deep voice.

There's a moment of silence, before a soldier replies.

"We got this"

There's a loud growl, before KC's rough voice returns.

"I'm not asking, bruh" He says, before there's a moment of silence, followed by a growl.

"I live underground. Y'all are just tourists" He exclaims, before there's a splashing sound.

Ryland turns her attention back to the team, her vision shifting to Harley, who is in front of her, her hands in a gun as she moves it around. Then it shifts to the rest of the team.

Her eyes stay on Katana, who is outside the glass doors, praying in her own language as she stares at her sword, who has some kind of smoke ushering out of it.

Rick eyes Ryland as she watches Katana, and steps towards her, leaning against the wall behind him.

"The man that killed her husband used that sword" He pauses, staring at Katana as the rest of the team is silent.

"His soul is trapped inside of it. She talks to him" He finishes, not uttering another word as his hand edges towards Ryland's. And they stay there, their hands joined together.

"Well, you know what they say about the crazy ones" Boomerang says as he adjusts his jacket.

Harley turns to look at him, leaning over to get a better look.

"Huh?" She questions,staring at him for a moment before leaning back and stuffing something in her pocket.

Ryland's lips edge into a smile, thinking about how she would miss the team. Their crazyness and all those little things.

Then Rick stands up straight, his hand slipping off Ryland's as he turns towards the glass door and starts walking.

"Let's do this" His voice is heard, as he continues to walk.

Ryland trails after him, followed by Harley, then Deadshot, Boomerang and the rest, all heading towards the same direction.

To what might be their doom.

A/n: Sorry for the short chapter! I just wanted to update ya know?