Chapter 13

The room was filled with slow music as i opened my eyes, but was turned off immediately when Bucky saw me getting up.

"You got it to work?" I ask, getting exited, and feeling happy that our fight didn't last long, and was over.

"Well yeah, but it only plays like two songs." He says, putting the radio down on the table.

"So what? We finally have something to do except play chess now" I laugh, putting it back on.

"Like what?" He asks, looking confused.

I smile when the nice song comes back on and reach out my hand, waiting for Bucky to grab it.

"Well, dance of'course." I say, already enjoying the music.

He looks hesitantly at my hand, contemplating if he should dance or not.

"I haven't danced since the 40s." He admits, put still has a small smile on his lips, matching mine.

"So? From what I've heard, you were quite the dancer." I remember him telling me how he would dance with ladies from all over the place, flirting and whisking them away on the dance floor. Apparently he was a ladies man.

He takes my hand without answering and puts his metal arm on my waist.

My smile grows when he agrees to dance and i put my hand on his shoulder and my left hand intertwines with his right.

As we start to dance around the room i see how he hums to the melody of the song, obviously knowing it.

"Have you heard this before?" I ask, surprised.

"Moonlight serenade, i used to listen to it all the time before." He says, then starts humming again, closing his eyes and swaying me to the rhythm.

I hardly have to do anything, since he leads me and occasionally lets me stand on his feet.

I laugh and puts my head on his shoulder, enjoying the moment.

"When you dance with me, i'm in heaven, when the music begins" He sings in my ear, and i feel warmth spread through my chest.

"So, when are we going to Romania?" I ask, lifting my head after awhile and looking in to his eyes.

"i want to leave now. But it isn't safe." He says still swaying to the song.

"But we will someday right?" I question.

"Yes, i did promise didn't i" He says.

I nod and smile, feeling like i'm the luckiest girl in the world, even though we are in a small house that is falling apart, with little to no food.

But i don't care, i have gotten so used to Bucky being in my life, i don't think i can live without him.

He puts his forehead on mine, a smile still present on his face.

We dance like that for a long time, listening to the song on replay over and over again.

After the seventh time listen to the song, i feel his hand leave mine, and then it is on my cheek, the song still playing in the background.

"What are we going to do in Romania?" He asks, but i have totally forgotten about that, with his hand on my face and his forehead against mine.

"We will buy a house, not to big, but not to small. And we will live there until nobody is looking for us anymore. Then when our hair is gray and we both have back issues, we will sit on our porch and just look out at the sunset, finally feeling at ease." I say, not caring if i sound like a overstock little girl.