Chapter 18

I was sitting by a table, a drink in my hand on Sofie to my right, laughing at something Steve had said.

The music was filling the room and people were dancing on the floor, enjoying the live band.

The smile on my face had started to hurt a little since it never left my face, but i didn't mind.

"How long do you think it takes for him to get here?" Steve asked, his short figure looking tiny next to Sofie.

I let out a laugh, tapping my foot on the floor to the music.

"I have no idea, he said before he would be her by eight." I answered, taking a sip of my drink.

All of a sudden i felt a hand on my shoulder an looked up seeing Buck in his military suit and hat, a smile on his face matching mine.

"And I'm right on time." He said, making me stand up and give him a hug.

"Well sergeant, that's good for you, i would have beat you with my shoe if you were late." I laughed kissed him, giving him a hug after.

"Lucky me. Wow you look great." He said, twirling me around.

I was wearing a knee long dress with my hair curled, falling down my shoulders.

"Don't i always?" I questioned, poking his chest.

He just laughed and looked down at Steve.

"We are going to dance, don't do anything stupid." He warned and pointed to him, step just laughed and lifted his drink into the air, nodding a yes.

The next thing i know I'm swirling around on the dance floor, Bucky holding me tight.

"I could do this forever." I said, the smile still on my face.

"To bad we can't." He smiled sadly, making me frown.

"Well why not?" i asked, feeling like home.

"Because you are just dreaming." He said, making the smile disappear from my face.

"But it feels so real." I argued, trying to stay in this moment forever.

"That's how it's supposed to be." He explained and i sadly nodded, but he lifted my chin and kissed me, making the smile return, only not as big.

"How long until it's over?" I asked when when she pulled away.

"Not long now." He answered, spinning me around.
"I'll see you again though." I said.

"Let's hope so." He wished. and then it all went black, the music disappearing.

I flew up from the couch, clawing at my chest, my breathing raggedy and hurried.

I looked down to my chest when i didn't feel a hole and saw i was healed, but the bullet was out and frowned and stood up, feeling more energetic than i ever have before.

When i turned around to look around the room i hear glass breaking and tried to protect my head with my hands, then it stopped and i slowly looked up, seeing the lamps all broken.

I took a step forward but the tv flew across the room as i did so and i screamed and fell backwards landing on the couch.

I did that.

I thought, starting to shake.

Pulling my arm out and focusing on the table, i tried moving it, and it lifted of the ground, my eyes widening in the process.

Without letting go of the table i looked around, seeing all the other furniture in the room in the air as well.

Then the only thought entering my mind, was finding Bucky, and killing Erick Brentlinger.