Chapter 1

Calypso lay leaned against several crates behind the metal racks that fenced the outskirts of Inkopolis Square. She wore a yellow basic tee with black leggings and a simple headband.

She slowly opened her eyes and held up her hand to block the sun. Her head was pounding and looking around made her feel dizzy.

She slowly stood up, bracing herself against the crates and metal racks.

"What am I doing here?" she thought. "And who am I?"

She looked down at herself and then examined her hands. She noticed a necklace dangling from her neck. It was a simple metal chain with a metal tag, reading "Calypso".

"That must be my name," she thought.

Calypso slowly climbed over the racks and walked forward. Ahead of her was a bright yellow truck. As she got closer, she could smell something delicious coming from it.

She approached the truck and found that it's door was slid open. Inside was what looked like a giant shrimp, or something like a shrimp. His back was turned to her and it looked like he was handing someone a drink from the opposite side of the vehicle.

She got closer and peered inside. Just as she was looking, he turned around.

"Woah there squiddo! I didn't see you back there! What can I help you with?" said the strange food guy.

"Uhh, um, I don't know" said Calypso hesitantly.

"Come on now over to the other side my food truck squiddo," he said.

Calypso slowly walked around to the other side. As she did so, she walked into full view of Inkopolis Square. She gasped. All around were giant buildings, and in the center of it all was a very large tower. She saw other inklings walking in and out. The inklings in the square had much fresher clothes than she did.

"It's pretty amazing, huh?" Said the shrimp man. "Is it your first time in Inkopolis Square?"

"Well, I think so. I don't remember much. Or anything at all actually." said Calypso.

"I'm Crusty Sean. It's nice to meet you squiddo. You got a name?"

Calypso looked down at her necklace. She lifted it up so Crusty Sean could see it.

"I think it's Calypso, but I don't really know." She said, and let go of the necklace.

"Listen squiddo, since your new, I'll give you a free drink. It doesn't have anything special in it, you'll need tickets for that, but it still tastes fresh!" said Crusty Sean.

Calypso reached forward and took the drink from him. She slurped through the straw, and her eyes widened. It tasted amazing!

"Wow!" Said Calypso. "This is great, thanks!"

"No problem sqiddo! I've never met a squid who hasn't liked my drinks or food. By the way, if you are gonna stay in the Square, you're probably gonna need to get registered. You can go over to the Shoal to do that. Otherwise, you can't do much at all. It's just down the square, on the right close to Deca Tower, the big tower at the end of the square."

"Thanks, I really appreciate it." Calypso said as she smiled. She turned to leaved, when Crusty Sean stopped her.

"Oh, squiddo! If you ever need anything, feel free to come by again to talk. I hope you start remembering things. " Crusty Sean said with a wave.

"Thanks again for everything!" Calypso said, and she turned to face Inkopolis Square.

She turned and looked around at all the buildings and shops. She started walking down the square, looking at all the building and shops on the

As she was walking, she spotted an Inkling boy looking the window of a shop. He had green hair that was buzzed short. He wore a long dark blue coat and had bright yellow shoes.

"Um, excuse me? But do you know where the Shoal is?" Asked Calypso.

The inkling turned and looked at her, and then his eyes widened.

"Woaaahh! Back off squid, I can't be seen talking to you! You are SO not fresh!" he said in disgust. He shook his head and ran past her.

Calypso turned and watched him go, confused at what had just happened.

"What does he mean I'm not fresh? What did I do?" Calypso said out loud.

She looked around the square and noticed several inklings watching her. She could tell by their faces that they were judging her.

She glared back at them and kept walking, eventually coming upon The Shoal. She peered in and saw a jelly sitting behind a desk. She saw several other inklings in there. Some looked like her, in the same basic outfit and yellow tee. Other looked much more fresh and seemed to be gathering to do something.

She wondered why there were other inklings dressed just like her. She wondered if they were in a similar situation to her. Maybe they came from the same place and could give her some answers.

Hoping that the jelly and the other inklings could help her, Calypso took a deep breath, and walked into The Shoal.

Don't worry, the story will pick up more. Thanks for reading!