Chapter 14

Calypso collapse onto her bed, exhausted. Blu drilled her skills with her new Dualies against every type of weapon. She learned a lot, but got splatted over and over again.

The light in the room was a soft orange with the sun setting in The Village. Her muscles ached, and all Calyspo could think about was falling asleep.

Just as she was drifting off to sleep, she heard voices outside her window. She got up and looked outside, and saw Blaze, the leader of the Dauntlings, walking down the path away from the mansion. He was accompanied by two other inklings, a boy and girl.

"Will you keep it down Sev? Next time I'll take Crono instead of you!" said Blaze to the inkling boy accompanying him. "At least I don't have to worry about Dova being too loud."

Calypso wondered what they were doing so late. It was already dark out. She slowly opened her window so she could hear them better.

"Ah come on Blaze, that's not even fair. She never talks and she's deaf too." said Sev.

"And somehow she's a lot more useful and aware then you. Now come on, we're going to be late." Blaze said.

Calypso watched Blaze's red tipped hair walked farther from the mansion. She jumped off her bed and ran towards the door. She needed to tell Blu what she saw, he would be interested. As her hand touched the door knob, she paused and looked back at the window.

She didn't have time to get Blu and follow them. She had to go alone.

She walked back over to the open window and looked down. She was up several stories and still didn't know how to super jump. She really was starting wish she had the natural instincts all other inklings seemed to be born with.

Calypso looked down along to the wall below her. If she was careful, she could jump down to the window ledges below until she reached the ground.

She looked back up and could barely see Blaze and his escorts walking down the path. She'd have to hurry. 

Calypso slid her legs out the window first and dangled over the edge. Maybe she should've used her blankets or something to make a rope. Too late now.

She let go and and landed on the small ledge below her. Luckily the curtains was shut, and nobody saw her.

Calypso continued dropping down a few more. When she had about two left, she slipped when she tried to land. Her hands grabbed the ledge,  it there wasn't much to hold onto. She looked down. There wasn't a ledge to land on, and she was still about 2 stories up.

It didn't look too far down. 20 feet at the most, and there were bushes below her.  She could make. At least she hoped so.

Calypso took a deep breath, and let go.

—————————————

Blu slowly opened the door to the front lawn and peered outside. He spotted Blaze and his body guards walking down the path.  Time to finally figure out where he sneaks off to.

He slipped out the door, making sure to stay in the shadows.

Out of nowhere, he heard a muffed squeal, and then heard something hit the ground hard and crash. He turned to his right and walked over to the bushes lining the side of the mansion.

He squinted at the crushed bush. "Calypso?" asked Blu. He saw her purple hair and the jacket he had given her that morning. "What are doing? Did you fall out of your window?"

Calypso looked up at Blu, rubbing her head. "Blu? Is that you? And no, didn't fall out, I jumped. I saw Blaze and wanted to follow him. What are you doing?" Calypso replied.

"Same as you." Blu said.

"Wait, you knew Blaze was gonna leave tonight? Why didn't you tell me? I thought you wanted my help." Calypso said as she slowly got up out of the bush.

"Well you had a tiring day, I thought you'd want to rest. But, seeing as your coming anyways, let's stop wasting time. We don't wanna lose him. Come on." Blu said, and headed in the direction of Blaze, carful to stay out of sight.

Blaze and his escorts had already passed the fountain and we headed back through the door to the Square. Blu and Calypso snuck behind the fountain, and waited for them to go through.

"Okay, let's go. Once they go through they could go anywhere. Keep up." Blu said. They made their way to the door and went through the small tunnel back to Inkopolis Square. They slowly opened the door, and spotted Blaze.

They watched him walk around to the other side of Deca Tower, towards Grizzco's.

"What could he be doing there? There aren't any shifts to work right now. It's closed." said Blu.

Calypso remembered Blu talking a little about Grizzco and Salmon Run shifts. They place seemed a little sketchy.

They walked around to Deca Tower and peered around the corner. Dova looked back im Calypso's and Blu's direction. Blu quickly pulled Calypso back and put his finger to his mouth.

Calypso's heart was pounding, but it didn't seem like she saw them.

After they waited for a couple of seconds, they peered around the corner again, and saw them lift the gate and slip inside.

"How do they know how to get in? This is weird." Blu's said while scratching his head.

Calypso followed him up the ramp and to the shop. It was way creepy.

They looked through the dirty window and saw Blaze's head walk to the back of the store with the two other Dauntlings 

"He's heading to the docks. He's gonna get on a boat! Where is he going? And who is he meeting? It's going to be harder to follow him on a boat without being seen." Blu sighed.

"What are we going to do?" Asked Calypso.

Blu paused and thought for a second. He then looked back up at Calypso, with a mischievous smile on his face.

"I think I've got an idea." Blu said with a smile.