Chapter 17

Calypso looked down into the deep green water as they hurried back to Grizzco in the motorboat. Calypso has been to super jump from the rowboat onto the motorboat, much to her surprise.

She glanced over at Blu, who steered the boat. He looked straight ahead through the fog. Calypso let out a sigh. She was so exhausted. From falling out of a window to traveling out in salmonoid waters, this was an exhausting night.

Out of nowhere, there was a loud thud that came from the bottom of the boat.

Calypso leaned back from the edge and gave a concerned look to Blu.

"Did we hit something?" asked Blu, who slowed down the boat.

Calypso walked to the back of the boat and looked out at the water. "I don't see anything sticking out. Maybe it was just below the surface."

Thump

Thump

Thump

The boat swayed back and forth, forcing Calypso to holding onto the rail for support.

Alarmed, Calypso turned to Blu who started up the engine again. The thumps and thuds on the bottom of the boat increased, rocking the boat harder.

"Crab cakes!" Blu yelled angrily.

Calypso followed his eyes towards the water. She made out an ugly looking fish, both big bulging eyes and dull scales. There was a whole wave of them swimming into the boat. Some held frying pans and smashed them into the side, denting the boat.

"Start the boat!" Calypso yelled over the sounds of the Salmonoids.

"It won't work! They've probably clogged the motor!" Blu yelled back.

Splat

Calypso whipped around, eyes widened.

"Here!" Blu said and threw her a Blaster. It had Grizzco's logo on it. "I'll try and fix the boat, you take care of The Salmonoids!"Calypso and Blu superjumped back to their boat. Calypso looked over at Blu, who looked a little shaken.

"We have to get out of here!" Calypso said.

"The engine won't start! I think they've jammed it!" Blu said.

The salmonoids started rocking the boat, and a few more tried jumping on. Calypso and Blu tried their best to hit them before they could board the boat, but more kept coming

A light broke through the fog, blinding Calypso and Blu, but also the Salmonoids.

"Hey!" A voice called from the light. "You chaps need some help?"

"Yes!" shouted Blu. "Please we're gonna die!"

Calypso heard a loud thud as something hit the floor of their boat. It was a rope.

"Blu! Grab on!" Calypso said.

Calypso held onto the rope and Blu grabbed above her hands.

"Pull us!" Blu yelled to the unknown voice.

The rope lurched up and Calypso and Blu were yanked up to the light. Several salmonoids were diving at their feet, trying to stop them from escaping.

They were lifted up onto the deck of a larger boat. The hit the ground, and looked around dazed.

A hand covered in a rubber green glove stretched out towards them.

Calypso looked up at the inkling with long orange hair.

"I'm Scout," she said, "is'a pleasure to meet y'all."