7.KNOWING BETTER🔆...(Part 1)

It was a Sunday today and both Shivaay and Annika had been green today. Both Shivaay and Annika had gone shopping together today afternoon and had lunched together at a restaurant. Shivaay had then left Annika at the flats and had reached his college to conduct extra classes for his final batch of students. Today was an unusually gloomy day in Mumbai and the weather reports had suggested unusual rainfalls in the city today late night.

Shivaay finished off his classes late evening, and the weather reports had been absolutely right there was a heavy downpour with thundering and lightening. It had become almost difficult for him to reach home in the heavy shower and with the traffic topping it. He wanted to reach home badly because Annika had messaged him to come a bit early today and that she was awaiting him eagerly. So here he was trying out ways to reach home quickly as possible like an obedient student.

______________________________________________

Here Annika was trying to cook something hot for both of them to relish in this cold weather. She had given up cooking long back since she started working but now she was trying to cook again for Shivaay. It was strange she knew but she wanted to cook today coz Shivaay usually cooked for both of them. She wasn't a bad cook at all, her papa usually complimented her cooking saying it tasted exactly like the food cooked by her late mom.

She was frying the hot pooris enjoying the trickling sound of rain drops, she absolutely loved the rain but it was altogether a different matter that she hated and was extremely scared of the thunders, but she had somehow managed to be brave over the years.

Her hand phone started ringing and she reached her room to get it. She finally found it but the battery was completely drained off. She was searching for the charger when suddenly the power went off. She was very much scared of the darkness, it had been a phobia for her since her mother's death. She was scared to death to face darkness and it almost made her breathless. She sat there on the ground holding her head tight, sweating profusely. She badly hoped that the power would be back somehow. It started thundering all of a sudden and she held her ears with her hands sobbing. Only She knew in what a miserable state she was in.

______________________________________________

Shivaay finally reached the flats, parked his car and then started moving in. It was dark today and he murmured to himself switching on the torch in his mobile phone  "Looks like a power cut again".

He reached home and rang the calling bell. There was no response, he became too worried  and started ringing it continuously but still there wasn't any response. Usually Annika opened the door at the first ring itself if she was home. He became genuinely worried used his key and entered the house, only to find it empty with the stove burning in their small kitchen.

He turned off the stove searching for Annika. "Annika are you there?" He called out unsure whether she had gone to the hospital due to an emergency.

"Annika! Annika!" Shouting so he walked further into the house in search of her.

______________________________________________

Annika was in a highly panicky state to hear anyone calling out her name. She just wanted to see light and she would not come back to normal without it what may come. Even if a loud announcement would be made searching for her, that would still be of no use in this case. 

Annika saw a faint light that was coming out of some source at the end of the passage of her room. She wanted to reach it somehow, she was finding it almost hard to breath. She got up in a hurry to reach that source and she stumbled upon the wire of her night lamp, alas the night lamp fell down with a thud and Annika stumbled and fell down on the floor badly injuring her right knee due to the cut from the broken shards of glass. She was still struggling to reach the source of light, she finally fainted all tired and scared.