Chapter Two

The sunshine emitting from the train window wakes me up with a grimace.

I rub my face, hoping I'd get the heat off me this way.

Sitting up, I look around me. I realize that the most of the seats are empty, along with the ones beside me. After looking out of the window, I saw that the train came to a stop. I was getting ready to get up until I remembered that it's not my stop. I put my headphone back in and blast the music on. Start Again by OneRepublic starts playing.

I sing along in a low voice.

Can't I just turn back the clock?
Forgive my sins
I just wanna roll my sleeves up
And start again
I know that I messed it up
Time and time again
I just wanna roll my sleeves up
And start again  

I was switchin' up the lanes
Steppin' out the frame I'm in
I was pulling on the reins
Sick of all the same happenin'
I swear I was looking for disaster
Mixed with a bottle of gin
And just because I come home after
Doesn't mean you'll take me in

You see my world is spinning like there's nothing to know
You see my world is feeling like it just might explode
And yes I know it's h-

I am rudely interrupted by someone snapping their fingers in front of my face.

I jump in my place, surprised by the sudden movement.

I take off my headphones, "Yes?"

"Sorry, but I had to stop you from going further." He says with comically wide eyes and exaggeration in talking.

"Wha-?" I say, feeling confused.

"Your voice. I never heard someone sings off key more than you do." He says, raising his eyebrows.

Rude much? I voiced my thoughts exactly.

"Sorry. A lot of people say that I'm blunt, but I guess humans have to deal with it." He shrugs, smiling.

"Okay." I can't help but return the smile.

There's a moment of silence until he decides to break it, saying "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Austin." He extends his hand out for a handshake.

I take it, "Stacey."

He gives my hand a gentle squeeze. "Nice meeting you."  His smile grows wider.

I take my hand back, smiling politely.

"Excuse me while I read my book. The good part has just started." He flops down on the seat and starts reading.

Well, this wasn't weird at all.

Brushing it off, I put my headphones back on. 

I sigh sadly, realizing that the song ended and Dicen by Matt Hunter started.

People start getting on the train. After a few minutes, the train completes its journey.

I look out the window as my mind starts wandering...

  *_*_* 

"AAAAAHHHHHHH" I scream as I run around the apartment.

 "GET BACK HERE!" He growls playfully, barging out of our bedroom.

"NO!" I reply, standing behind the couch.

"Don't let me get you."  He says, now standing across from me with only the couch as a barrier.

"Seriously? Now I am supposed to tuck my tail between my legs and come to you, right? Ha! It's so stupid. Why do people always say things like 'Come here' and 'Don't let me get you'-" I say those mimicking his voice "-as if the person will listen. They will not! So why do you people use them. You just make a fool of yourself by using th-" I don't get to finish my ramble as I am suddenly captured by Bennett and thrown over his shoulder.