Nine

Today was my birthday and I was officially 17 now, My parents wanted to take me out to dinner and Christille wanted to throw me a block party and Zion said he had a  surprise for me. Edwin had drawn me a picture for my 17th birthday and he was very artistic so it was beautiful . Considering it was finally summer my parents had today after work and Christille had tomorrow night and Zion had the weekend. I was excited to see the turn out.

"I hope you like it", Edwin says handing me a homemade picture

"I love it Edwin thanks", I say wrapping him in a hug.

Jaida walks in the house pouting with Elom behind her.

"Mommy says to be back home around 6 so we can go back to eat", Jaida says .

Elom whispers something in her eyes and she starts smiling again. She's a spoil brat of course but my parents got her that way. Zion was holding me in my arms and kissing my cheek .

"Happy birthday baby", He says tighten his grip on me.

"You already said that baby", I said giggling.

"I know but I wanna admire my beautiful girlfriend", he says picking me up and carrying me to his room. 

"Ok I see you Z clapping them buns", Elom says as we shut the door.

"Faith?", Zion says placing me on the bed and looking me in my eyes. 

"Yes Zion", I responded.

"I love you so much and I hope you know that nobody is ever going to take your place", He says.

"I love you too baby and you promise", I ask him .

"You know I do", he says .

He lays in between my legs and I play in his dreads until he eventually falls asleep. I don't remember when I fall asleep but I did. When I wake up Jaida is standing in front of me.

"Come on sis time to head home", She says .

I tap Zion.

"Hmm", He answers .

"Baby I gotta go", I reply.

"Okay love I'll see you tomorrow", Zion says rolling off of me.

I plant a kiss on him and crawl out of his bed and my parents are waiting for us outside. We climb in a car and head to Benihna's. We had to our seats and the waiter takes our drink orders .

"Happy birthday baby", my mom says handing me a mini gift bag with a $500 dollar gift card and a Pandora bracelet inside.

"Thanks mom I love it", I say smiling.

"Happy birthday sweetie", My father says handing me a card with $500 in it and and box with the iphone X in it.

"Thanks daddy", I say smiling. 

"Here ugly", Jaida says smiling handing me a card with $50 dollars in it and a sister bracelet inside it.

"Thanks J its great", I tell her smiling. 

We order our food and eat . I enjoyed my families company.

"So when are we going to meet you guys boyfriend?", My dad asks.

"Wee?", Jaida answers trying to avoid the question .

"You wanna meet them", I ask confused.

"Of course, You girls are getting older. You're 17 and Jaida will be 16 in September. I feel it time to let you guys venture out and be young adults", My father says .

Wow okay I definitely didn't know where these speech was coming from but I was scared . This had to be Satan testing me or maybe my parents knew something we didn't think they knew.  We finished eating and headed home.

The ride home was a comfortable silence and I was so tired that as soon as I got home I plopped into bed. Jaida walks into my room .

"Good night sis I love you", she says leaving right back out .

"Love you too J", I say drifting asleep.

The next morning I'm awoken by Christile, Genesis, and Jaida in my room . I forgot this was their day and they were throwing me a block party that I was dreading .

"Finally you're awake", Genesis says smiling.

"Yeah y'all were being loud", I say snarkily.

"Took you long enough best friend, now get up", Christile says .

I climb out of the bed and head into the bathroom to handle my business. I throw my hair in my messy bun and get dressed before we all head out the door.

"So where to first?", I ask .

"We all have to get outfits so to the store", Jaida says .

We drive to every store in LA nearly to find outfits cute enough for my party. We finally tried on outfits until we decided on some outfits. 

We head back to my house to get ready considering the party started at 8 and it was already 6. We take showers and handle much needed business because doing each others hair. We finished getting dressed and head to the party were about 2500 people are waiting .

"Happy birthday Faith", Malu says.

"Girl get out of my best friends face", Christille says. 

"I don't want any problems with you Faith or your friends. Zion and I already talk and now we're strictly friends", She goes on to explain .

"That's very mature of you Malu, Thank you", I says.

She nods and walks away .

"That was nice", I say .

"I still don't trust her", Jaida says walking away with Genesis.

This was literally a block party and they always did the most when it came to dressing up. This was a jean event these niggas had on heels and skirts. Zion walks over towards me and wraps me in the tightest hug ever and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"Happy birthday princess", he says .

"Thanks love", I say smiling .

"Well best friend I'm going to get us a drink", Christille says disappearing into the crowd.

I had so many people tell me Happy Birthday and give me hugs. The whole night Zion stood by my side. We even got pictures with a couple of people. It was indeed a night to remember and tomorrow Zion and I would be flying to Jamaica for the weekend.