Does Your Mother Know (James Kidd x Reader)

A/N: This is something I've had in the workings for a bit and I've finally finished it.

--------❤️❤️❤️❤️--------

Younger!Male!James Kidd x older!reader

You were on a ship with your elder sister and her husband. The three of you were on your way to start your lives in Havana. (H/N) parents had recently passed away, leaving everything to him. You were sulking a bit as you were already twenty-seven and had yet to meet a man that you could see yourself spending the rest of your life with but your sister, who was merely older than you by two years, had already been married since she was twenty-three.

The only reason you were even going with them is because your dear sister couldn't bear to leave you behind, knowing you hadn't found the same happiness in life that she had. It also helped that her husband appreciated you for introducing them and supporting their relationship even when your parents disagreed with it. For that reason alone, he too felt invested in helping you meet a man they considered good enough for you. That was the problem though, no one was ever good enough. It was never that you weren't beautiful enough to attract a man on your own or that no man ever approached you. Your sister had met the perfect man to be her husband from a young age and so every man they looked at that wasn't as perfect as (H/N) wasn't good enough. Any man that did meet their standards was far too boring and dull for you. (S/N) guessed that you just hadn't met someone that matched your personality well yet.

Upon discussing their move to Kingston, they both agreed that you would probably be better off finding someone suited for you if you stayed with them and were introduced to eligible men. Quite frankly the only reason you even went is because you knew staying with your parents would be much worse and far more judgmental, at least they gave you a say. And so you found yourself on a ship with the madly in love couple heading to an island you had never been to before. You dreaded the future as you watched the waves from your position on the deck.

It wasn't long before bad luck struck the ship. While you were busy daydreaming the ship was struck by a cannonball. You did your best to keep your balance and tried to get below deck but it was too dangerous for you to move. Barely ten minutes went by when a pirate ship suddenly pulled up alongside your ship and you immediately hid behind a barrel. The men bravely fought back as you crept your way towards the hatch to go below deck. You had just made it downstairs when you were grabbed from behind and forced back upstairs. The man that grabbed fired off a bullet in the air, drawing the attention of everyone on deck.

"Well, would you look at what I found. A lovely lady covered in expensive jewelry trying to sneak past us. You know captain it'd be very easy for us to point our attention to your passengers. If you don't want a massacre on your hands I'd suggest you all drop your weapons," the pirate spoke confidently. He had an arm placed around your waist and a knife positioned at your throat, waiting for the captain's next move.

"What's keeping you from killing her the second we drop our weapons?"

"Nothing. But to be perfectly honest I'd rather not have to, she's quite the looker. However, if you decide to test me then I guess I'll have no choice but to. You'll just have to take my word for it," he replied while giving you a quick look up and down. Starting with the captain, one by one each man slowly dropped their weapon while staring at your terrified face. Once all the crew was unarmed they were pushed to a corner where they were surrounded.

"Good to see you know what's good for you. Now, half of you go down there and bring up the rest of the passengers along with anything valuable you find. Don't kill anyone unless absolutely necessary," the man commanded. Hearing this, you feared for your sister and whimpered as the men disappeared down the hatch.