back to you

a/n: i decided that this will be a kim taehyung oneshots book. the girl's name will be anything i have in mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's summer once again and I couldn't wait to go back to our hometown where my grandparents live on my mother's side.

I miss the cool breeze when we hike up the hills.

I miss the loving kisses of my grandmother.

I miss the great stories my grandfather has always told me.

I miss the welcoming smiles of the people in the neighborhood.

I miss everything.

I miss him.

I just wonder, did a thing change?

•••

"Are your stuffs complete?" Dad asked me before he started the engine of the car.

"Uhmm..." I tried to think if every necessary thing was packed and yeah, everything's complete. "Yes."

"Okay, let's go. It's gonna be a long ride." Dad said the moment mom sat on the shotgun seat.

I went in the backseat and dad turned on the radio and a 90s song blasted from the speakers. The ride started and I decided to read a book.

I got bored and kept my book then stared out the window.

My parents started to recall their love story and talked about it when a 90s love song played. How I wish my story would be as sweet as theirs.

•••

I woke up from my deep sleep. Didn't even notice that I slept that long.

I stretched and went out of the car, feeling kind of upset that my parents didn't wake me up.

I decided to stroll around for a bit. I went out of the gate and looked around. The next door cottage has walls changed. Still beautiful.

I walked down the small hill and came across a girl. She was looking down and seemed to be mumbling something. Wait, she's familliar.

"Hey." I called

"Huh?" She said, confused and looked up. "Oh my gosh, it's you!" She exclaimed.

"Miya! I miss you! How are you?" I asked

"I'm still pretty as ever." She replied with a giggle. "When did you guys arrive?"

"About a while ago, I guess. I slept and my parents didn't wake me up. And I decided to stroll around to find differences from 2 years ago."

"Oh, you know... It's good that you're back. Uhmmm... About my cousin..." she started.

"What about Taehyung?" I asked, trying to sound insouciant.

"Is it really.... Are you guys really over?" she asked sadly.

"I.. Actually, I don't know." I replied and sighed. "Anyway, my grandparents will probably have a small celebration later for coming back here. You should come."

"Yeah, sure. Thanks for inviting." She said. "Oh, I'm sorry. I have to go, I have stuffs to do."

"Okay, see you later."

•••

I just found myself sitting on the rock near the lake. Heck, why am I here?

I sighed and recalled the happy moments here.

Why did things end up that way?

I decided to listen to peaceful music and just looked around.

Is it weird? Yeah it is. But I have nothing else to do. I left my book and I have no intentions on going back to get it. I'm feeling lazy right now.