Chapter XII - Another?

My jaw almost dropped when I caught the sight of this lovely girl. No, scratch that, she honestly looked like a gorgeous lady because of her get up.  If I don't know her and just saw her today, I would probably think that we are at the same age. (Picture above)

She looked at me and I steadied myself before she even has the chance to notice that I am gawking at her.

"Are we gonna take a cab or use..." Why is it so enthralling to hear her voice early in the morning?

I cut her off though. "My car." I turned away and she helped me open the garage. When we are on our way to our destination, no one dared to speak so I initiated because I have a mission to do.

"Carla, I'm so sorry about last night." I apologized while glancing at her and into the road.

"You have nothing to apologize." She shrugged. "I should be the one saying sorry for leaving the restaurant in that way. I am really sorry."

With that answer, I was wondering if she even remembers what happened between us after that. "Have you talked to Martin?"

"Not yet. Why?"

I was confused. Why wouldn't she remember something like that? Then as if a light bulb was turned on in my head, I remember she was possessed by the past Carla.

"Nothing."

I felt her eyes on me, probably looking at my shoulder.

"Your freckles look hot on you." She mumbled and I stared at her when the traffic lights turned red.

Her eyes widened as if she didn't mean to say it. Oh, she had been observing me the whole time huh. I offered her a small smile and carry on driving. She fell silent after that as if ashamed to speak again.

"It's fine," I reassured her and she just nods. So I held her hand using my right, which surprised her because she abruptly looked at me. I could feel the waves of electricity that flows through my body. She froze into her seat but I just caress her hand slowly, trying to calm her nerves. "If you're thinking that I am playing with your feelings, you're wrong. Daniel and I are college friends and we're trying to appear as happy as possible when Audrey is around."

"You don't have to explain. It's not like I'm important." She tried to slip her hand away but I held it tighter.

"Carla, stop saying that."

"Then tell me, am I important to you?" She challenged and I almost want to tell her what I really feel about her but this is not the right place and the right time.

"Immensely important." I felt her hand trembled and I smirked at that. "Don't complicate things between us Carla."

"Miss Villanueva, I don't think I could comprehend this situation. I don't even know what to call us."

I caress her hand again. I so wanted to ask her why people nowadays felt the need to have a label. "Can you just call me by my name outside the school?"

She glanced at me in disbelief, as if allowing her to call me by my first name is like wanting to learn how to fly which is impossible. Then, I saw her smile. I guess, she was contented by that already and not needing the label anymore.

When we reached the art boutique, she surprised me when she hurried outside, I thought she's going to run from me but she opened the car door. The gesture is so damn sweet and I couldn't contain the happiness inside that caused me to smile genuinely at her.

I thought she's already done with her oh so sweet gestures but I almost jump when she held me by my waist. I tilted my head and she just smiled sweetly at me. This is quite risky because there might be someone lurking around who knows us that might see us like this but she's happy so I'll let this one slide. I don't want that smile on her pretty face to disappear.