Chapter 37| A Road Trip

They had silent dinner and after they were done. Daanish asked the girls to sit on the sofa while he got the desserts. Sana and Nadia sat together on the double sofa. Sana looked around and she noticed Nadia's bag next to the main door. She looked at Nadia who was now combing her hair with her fingers.

'You haven't unpacked?' Sana asked.

Nadia looked at her. She moved her leg placing one leg over the other. Sana's gaze fell on her exposed leg and quickly she looked away.

Nadia sighed rolling her eyes, - 'I will be staying with you, tonight.' She informed, and Sana's eyes widened. Nadia frowned at her and she closed her mouth.

'Daanish! His family rules. No live in and all. Anyway,' – She shifted placing her palm on the space between her and Sana, - 'Tomorrow morning, he and I are going for a road trip to the countryside for the weekend.' She said with pride. Sana nodded looking away.

Thankfully, she didn't have to spend much time with Nadia as Daanish arrived quickly into the living room. He carried a tray with three cups of ice-cream. Sana extended her hand, but he interrupted her.

'Don't pick this one, it's sugar and fat-free.' He grinned at her.

'Oh!' Sana retracted her hand and picked the cup next to it. Daanish smiled and forwarded the tray to Nadia.

'Thank you, sweetheart.' Nadia smiled at him. Daanish smiled back. He placed the tray and picked up the last remaining cup. He sat on the recliner.

'So, Sana.' – He began and Sana looked up from the cup, - 'I hope you don't mind Nadia staying over at your place.' He asked.

Sana shook her head, - 'Of course not. I would love to have her stay over.' She lied with a smile. Nadia doesn't look at her and continued to eat the ice cream.

Daanish insisted but Nadia was adamant that she will take her own luggage. Like always he gave up.

'Good night.' Daanish said and leaned forward. He hugged Nadia and she smiled hugging him back. Sana looked away pretending she saw nothing. Instead, she stared at the corner of the door and fidget with the back of her hair. After they parted, Daanish handed Nadia her coat and she wore it. Then, he looked at Sana.

'Good night, Sana.' He said and smiled at her.

'Good night.' Sana replied dryly. Nadia waved Daanish good-bye and the two girls turned around walking through the lobby. After they had disappeared around the corner, Sana heard Daanish close the door.

************************

Sana felt nervous as she led Nadia through the corridor of her building. She hadn't expected Nadia let alone except her to stay over. Her house was messy, and Nadia will have tons of complaint. Sana mentally groaned as she unlocked the door. She pushed open the door and turned to look at Nadia.

'Please.' She nervously smiled gesturing her into the home. Nadia entered. Sana made silent prayers and followed her.

Her living room had a chips packet lying on the floor, some clothes lay scattered on the ground.

'I will-will-clean this.' Sana stammered nervously as grabbed the clothes and packet.

Nadia just stood there, expressionless. Sana smacked her head when she found trace papers dumped everywhere, the canvas placed in front of the window in an awkward position.

'Where is the bedroom? I am sleepy, also I have to wake-up early tomorrow.' Nadia said removing her coat.

'There.' Sana pointed towards the room. As Nadia walked towards the room Sana remembered she hasn't made her bed nor stuffed the clothes that she had rummaged from the cupboard.

Shit! Sana smacked her forehead again.

Sana dumped the clothes she held into the laundry bag and hurried into the bedroom. The single bed was a mess. The tiny room hardly had a place for two people to stand.

Damn! Sana felt insulted in front of Nadia.

She nervously walked towards her cupboard and stuffed all the clothes clumsily into the cupboard and closed the door.

'You-you sleep here. I will- will sleep on the sofa.' Sana said with a nervous smile. Nadia sighed rolling her eyes.

'Fine.' She replied disinterestedly while she placed her coat neatly on top of her wheel bag. She sat at the edge of the bed and removed her heels.

'Where is the bathroom?' She asked massaging her heels.

'There.' Sana pointed towards the washroom.

'Okay.' Nadia replied massaging the back of her neck. Sana felt embarrassed opening her cupboard again. She bent and took out a spare blanket from the last rack and held it close to her chest.

'Okay, then, good night.' She said.

'Good night.' Nadia replied not looking at her.

*****************************

Next morning, Sana woke up and stretched her hands. 'Ouch.' She winced placing her palm on the back of her neck. She had slept awkwardly on the sofa and now her arms and legs hurt. She hoped Yoga will do some good. Sana got up and decided to surprise Nadia with breakfast. Then, she thought what if she doesn't like what Sana has made for her. She decided to wake her up and ask her what she will have. Sana walked up to the bedroom and was surprised to see the room open. Hesitantly, she peeped in and found the room empty. The bed neatly done. Also, Nadia's bags were missing.

Has she left? – Sana thought while scratching her head.

Sana walked back into the living room and picked up her mobile phone from the coffee table and checked for any message. Nothing. Then, she dialed Daanish. He picked up the call after few rings, longer than usual.

'Hello, Daanish.' Sana spoke uncertainly.

'Hey, Nadia here.' Nadia spoke from the other side, - 'You woke up. Good. Anyway, I didn't tell you, but I left your apartment around 4 in the morning. You were fast asleep, so I didn't disturb you. I have left the key under the door. Also, Daanish is driving so please don't disturb us. Happy Weekend.' She said and before Sana could respond she cut the call. Sana frowned and moved the phone away from her ear. She blinked at the screen.

What does she think of herself – Sana thought bitterly. 

***************************

Oh, God! My Reaction about Nadia......

So, guys how was the Chapter, guys? Drop your thoughts in the comments, please *smiles*