Chapter 38| Tough Ali, Whining Zafar

Sana had a happy Sunday morning as Nadia bid goodbye to her and walked out of the apartment. Sana was all grins, but her smile faded when she saw Nadia and Daanish hug. Folding her arms, she looked away grumpily. Nadia had come driving all way in her own car and she will be going by her own car. As her car sped away, Sana felt relieved. She looked at Daanish and smiled widely. But when he turned around she quickly fixed her expressions.

'I have something to cheer you up.' Sana said brightly. Daanish simply looked at her. She smiled and continued, - 'There is an awesome Indian restaurant nearby, walking distance. They make awesome Samosas. We will have breakfast there.' She said happily. Daanish thought for a while and then gave a small nod. Sana smiled widely.

Sana had brought Emma here once and she loved the place, she was hoping Daanish likes it too. After they got ready the two met on the pavement in front of their building. Today morning was slightly cold and so Sana wore a knitted peach full- sleeved shrug over her white half-sleeved Tee. She adjusted her cotton track pants as she led Daanish to the restaurant. Daanish walked beside her and she had a tough time not looking at him. Even in casual zip neck black full sleeved Tee and olive pants he looked dashing.

How can someone manage to look gorgeous all the time – Sana thought.

'Here we are.' Sana stopped in front of the building and pointed towards the main door. Daanish adjusted the rim of his glasses and looked up at the name of the place.

'Kapoor and sons.' – He then looked at Sana, - 'Interesting choice of name.' He grinned, and Sana chuckled. She knew he was referring to a Bollywood movie by the same name.

As Sana pushed the glass door she informed Daanish that it was merely a coincidence that the names are same. In fact, the movie was made two years after this restaurant started the business. Daanish looked impressed with her knowledge and Sana felt proud and smart.

They got a seat. Sana was slightly disappointed as Daanish didn't pull a chair of her. Anyway, she let it pass. The two sat facing each other. Daanish was also surprised to know that Sana knew the waiters here.

'I am almost a regular.' She said placing her elbows on the table and overlapping her palms. Daanish nodded. Sana ordered samosas and Daanish ordered the same. Along with that, they had tea too. Sana felt nervous as the waiter presented the dish. She watched Daanish as he picked up the hot samosa. When he looked up she looked away pretending to admire the ceiling.

'Hmm.' He said, and Sana looked sharply at him.

'How is it?' She asked looking at him wide-eyed. Daanish paused eating and stared at her expressions with his mouth full. She quickly looked down at her plate. Her cheeks flushed. Daanish swallowed the morsel and chuckled.

'Look at your face.' – He chuckled, and Sana smiled awkwardly. He then leaned forward, - 'Relax. The food is good. I am just wondering you are health conscious and eating this oily stuff?' He said pointing at the Samosa.

'Actu-Actually I eat only one that too on my cheat day.' She said.

Daanish nodded, - 'Okay. Today afternoon you are coming with me to the park. You need some exercise besides that yoga. That sir is useless.' Daanish commented shaking his head. Sana nodded. She had mixed feelings. She didn't know if she should take it as his care or should she take it as him indirectly commenting that she was fat. Sana looked seriously at the Samosa on her plate.

Oh, so my oversized butt shape was visible to him that day – She thought with a grim expression.

*********************************

 Sana huffed and panted for breath as she ran behind Daanish. She looked up and he felt like he was miles away. She stopped and leaned forward holding her knees. She closed her eyes and tried to steady her breath.

'Hey, Zafar.' Daanish called and she looked up. Since, Daanish started his "training" he transformed into a mean trainer and developed this new thing of calling Sana by her last name. She doesn't know how he knew her last name but right now she didn't care. He had stopped running but was jogging on spot. He gestured her with his arm. Sana shook her head and fell to her knees. She placed her palm over her pounding heart and closed her eyes. She opened her eyes only when she felt him stand in front of her. She looked up. He looked down sternly at her. His hands on his hips. Sana felt as though she was in some commando training.

'What are you doing, Zafar?' He said pressing his lips tightly.

'Sorry-I-can't-go-any-further.' Sana managed to say in between her uneven breath.

'Stop whining like a girl, Zafar and stand up.' He said leaning down. Sana frowned.

Wait a minute, I am a girl and what is wrong in whining like a girl – Sana thought making a face.

He placed his palm under her upper-arm and tried to pull her up. Sana kept refusing and sat. She pressed her butt firmly to the ground and refused to get up, at any cost. Daanish was gentle with her but he was losing his cool too.

'You have to burn those calories from the Samosa.' He said irritably.

'Yeah, but not burn me.' Sana said bitterly. Many onlookers had stopped to witness this bewildered but both Daanish and Sana were being adamant.

After ten minutes of tug and war, Daanish lets go of Sana's arm and huffed, - 'Fine. Sit on that bench while I complete my rounds.' He said. Sana grinned. She got up, dusted her behind with her palms.

'Okay.' She said and happily walked towards the bench. She sat there and looked at Daanish, he looked at her for a second before continuing with his rounds. Sana leaned against the bench and sighed. She was relieved.

One more round I would be dead - She thought while massaging her kneecaps.

******************************

OMG!!! Sana *laughs* *laughs* So, guys how was the Chapter? Drop your thoughts in the comments, please *smiles*