Chapter 3: The Cedar Tree

Narrator POV

The ship docked at the port after the storm passed by and Sapphire, Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio get off the ship to head for the hunter exam site.

Gon POV

As I got off the ship, the captain called me and Sapphire to stay with him so he could tell us something.

"Thanks for the ride mister" I thanked him.

"....." Sapphire said nothing. I just sighed and turned back to face the captain.

"Bye mister" I said to the captain and was about to walk away when he stopped me. He laughed and looked at me.

"I like you guys so as a reward, I'll give you advice. Do you see that cedar tree on the hill?" He said as we both nodded.

"Well, head to that tree and there will be navigators that will take you to the exam site the shorter way." He said to us. I grinned and Sapphire stood there, silent.

"Thanks mister" I said to him and Sapphire just nodded meaning thank you.

"Good luck kiddo" The captain said to me. I nodded and left with Sapphire behind me as we went to see the map of the city and my friends.

Sapphire POV

When the captain told us the shortcut and the navigators, I sensed a man hiding behind a crate eavesdropping on us. I ignored him as I followed Gon to see the map so we can find a way to the tree and also to see his 'friends' whatever that means.

Kurapika POV

Leorio and I waited near the map of the city for Gon and Sapphire that was talking to the captain. When they came back, Gon looked at us and grinned.

"Let's go to that cedar tree" Gon said as he pointed to the tree on the hill.

"But that's the opposite way to Zabon city!" Leorio complained.

"But the captain said to go there" Gon said to Leorio.

So that's what the captain told them. I thought in my head as I watched Sapphire just standing there watching them quietly.

"I'm taking the bus since that goes to Zabon city and it's about to leave" Leorio said to Gon.

"I'm going to the tree with Sapphire, bye Leorio" Gon said to Leorio as he and Sapphire started walking away.

"Whatever, come on Kurapika the bus is leaving." Leorio said to me.

"I'm going with Gon, he's interesting" I said to Leorio as I catcher up to Gon and Sapphire.

"Fine! I'm going by myself." Leorio yelled to us as he walked away.

Leorio POV

Sheesh! They're going the wrong way. Better catch up to the bus. I thought angrily as I walked to the bus. As I walked, I heard a group of thugs talking about the exam.

"Did you know that people taking the exam are taking the bus" One guy said.

"I heard that the bus doesn't even go to Zabon" Another said as they all laughed.

When I heard their talk, I ran back to Gon and the gang.

Sapphire POV

As I followed Gon and Kurapika to the tree, I heard footsteps from behind. I turned around to see Leorio catching up to us.

"Why are you here?" Kurapika asked.

"Well, I thought you guys will be lonely without me" Leorio lied.