Twelve

That smell.

Taehyung sits up in his bed, eyes squinting as he looks around and smells the air. There was a smell, a kind of...smelly smell that lingered. He smells bacon...and eggs...and sausage? Who would be cooking? Hoseok can't for the sake of his own life; always ordering takeout or having his boyfriend cook for him. Is his boyfriend over? Nah, only on special occasions (Yoongi doesn't like Taehyung)...was it a special occasion? The silver-haired male grabs his phone from off his nightstand, turning his phone over to check the date. Their anniversary is on Valentine's Day (cliche, but-)...and it's not February nor any of their birthdays. His eyebrows furrow in thought, trying to figure out–

Then it hits him. He hears laughter coming from behind the door. He quickly jumps off his bed, tripping in the process and landing on the floor. He groans, stumbling to his feet and making his way to the kitchen (limping a bit now). He opens his bedroom door and walks toward the living area connected to the kitchen. Immediately, his eyes shift onto Hoseok, the giddy male with a smile on his face as he laughs with a mug in his hand.

Soon his gaze is skittering over to the back of the head of a broke college student who spent the night in his expensive flat. The same broke college student who was supposed to be gone an hour ago--not in his apartment kitchen, flipping pancakes as she converses with the now present red-haired male; enjoying themselves in a small peaceful bubble that would soon be disturbed by the likes of a grumpy novelist.

The look on Taehyung's face made it seem like he just caught Hoseok cheating on him, stance mirroring the reaction. Rae glances over in his direction before turning her head when noticing him standing there perplexed by the scene. Hoseok follows her eye line and he too looks over at Taehyung. "Oh, Taehyungie."

Said male points his finger at the both of them, swinging the digit between the two in exasperation. "What's going on here?!" He yells out, startling the two.

Rae decides to speak up first, cleaning her hands on an apron Hoseok had gotten for her, saying it was a gift for his boyfriend that denied it because he hated the color pink (so he left it in a linen closest in case he ever decides to pick up cooking skills as a 'small party trick' or something along those lines). "You said 'make breakfast yourself,' so, I did. I made plenty for all of us if you want some." She concedes, innocently, as if her actions weren't aggravating the novelist. "Hoseok told me you don't ever eat until you absolutely need to, so, I decided to go beyond my selfish ways and-"

"Thank you." Was all Taehyung says, cutting the brunette off in the midst of her speech. He walks over to the counter, quickly sitting down on one of the stools and waits for his plate full of delicious smelling food to arrive in front of him. It kind of made her sad, she had been practicing that mild declamation as an excuse if Taehyung came out here and began yelling at her for still being here, but since he's allowing her stay she supposes she'll save that material for something else (just in case).

Hoseok snickers quietly as he brings the mug filled with gourmet coffee up to his mouth as he peers at the two in front him. He totally called it that Taehyung would forgive Rae for staying if she made enough food for him. He places one of his hands in his pocket and watches as Rae puts breakfast onto a plate and serve it to the other, Taehyung discreetly glancing at his roommate before murmuring another small thank you and clasping his hands together to pray.

Rae looks toward Hoseok and smiles. "Would you like some too?" The redhead grins and nods, taking a step closer to grab a plate. He's got the most beautiful smile Rae has ever seen. The combination of his smile and his large, twinkling eyes and those aristocratic lines on his face blind her.

+

Taehyung plays with the rest of the eggs he had messed over as he listens to Hoseok and Rae talk amongst themselves about Hoseok's boyfriend, Rae commenting on how cute the male is when the redhead had shown her a photo, or more, of the two from his camera roll the couple had taken of each other in the past. "What's his name?" The brunette asks, taking ahold of a photo Hoseok handed her from his wallet and inspecting the two adorable smiles on each boys face (making sure to inform her that that was his favorite picture of his boyfriend, the reason why he keeps it in his pocket).