Twenty Two

Maybe if I keep my head down she won't notice it's me and I can get out of here free. Taehyung frantically thinks, shifting his eyes around in panic.
The legs shift before him, changing their stance as they study the male crouched on the ground. "Rae, did you know there was a creep on the dirty floor this whole time listening to our conversation-"

"I am not a creep!" Taehyung yells, frowning as he looks up at his accuser. They make eye contact. Shitty Titties. Jennie tilts her head as she tries to figure out where she's seen this man before, eyebrows furrowing slightly. She seems like she doesn't remember me...Oh! T-That's good, that's great. If she doesn't remember then that means she doesn't know my name so I could just leave right-

"That's Taehyung, I know him." Rae informs her roommate from behind the counter, leaning against it with her elbows to get a better look at the silver haired male. Taehyung glares at her for giving him away, the number one thing he didn't want to happen. The brunette only looks at him confused when she's given a cold stare.

"Taehyung?" Jennie repeats, the name sounding like warm tea on a Sunday afternoon against her tongue. Shivers run down Taehyung's spine at the thought. He decides to stand up now, feeling humiliation being the only one on the ground.
After getting a better look at the silver-haired male in front of her (his hair being pushed back throwing her off), she finally realizes who he is. An almost unnoticeable smirk rises onto her lips before it turns into a smile. "Taehyung!" She exclaims, throwing her arms around the baffled latter.

Rae leans over, confused of what was going on. "You two know each other?" She questions, looking between the two of them.

Jennie let's go and nods. "He's my ex." Taehyung's heart shatters at her words as Rae lowers herself back onto her feet, being on her tippy toes throughout Jennie finding Taehyung.

"Ex." Rae and Taehyung say in unison, looking toward Jennie. Now, this was definitely turning into something spicy. Taehyung had an ex. An ex which was the roommate of the broke college student he was paying her college funds for.

"Wow, I thought I'd never see you again." She admits, giggling. Taehyung nods and lowers his gaze. He murmurs, his mind still on the word "ex" which was aggravating him because it was still lingering in his thoughts, teasing him and not leaving. "You still writing books?" Jennie places a hand on her hip as the other occupies the beer she was about to pay for until she bumped into a crouching Taehyung.

The males nods hesitantly, "Yeah, I sold a few which helped me out a lot. They went big and I'm...I'm doing good for myself now. I-I'm in a big private condo, I'm eating a lot healthier and-"

"Ooo~" Jennie interrupts, her lips painting a smirk. "Are you still smoking? I always thought you were pretty hot when you smoked." She giggles when Taehyung nods vehemently. "You seem like you're making big bucks now, huh?" Again, Taehyung nods, not realizing he was putting himself through this again.

The brunette hums and pats his shoulder before walking toward the counter, the latter following right behind her. "We should get together sometime, over dinner? Talk about what all we've missed." She says, taking out her wallet to pay for the beer. She gasps when she realizes something. "Damn, I don't have enough."

She glances over her shoulder when she hears shuffling and then money being slapped against the counter. "It's fine, I'll pay for it." Taehyung says, feeling good about himself.

Jennie grabs her beer and turns around. She places her hand on Taehyung's cheek and caresses it before winking. "It was nice talking to you again. Bye." She turns around and walks toward the sliding doors, waving with her fingers.

Taehyung sighs, lowering his gaze to the floor before shifting it up to Rae. The female looks hesitant, her teeth chewing on her bottom lip. "She's-" Rae stops herself when she notices Taehyung's sorrowed expression. She lifts up her arm, Taehyung raising his eyebrow at her action. She flips her hand over, revealing the extra change the male didn't grab from her.