Chapter Thirteen

"Lauren! Wait up!" Mia yelled at me from down the street.

"Hey!" I stopped and waited for her.

"Is it true?" She asked.

"Is what true?"

"Are you really dating Baz?"

I stared down at my feet, "Yeah." Mia rolled her eyes and gave me a dirty look.

"What about Alex?" She scolded me.

"Alex is my best friend." I replied shyly

"You're so full of yourself. You don't know what's good until you've lost it and you just did." She was flailing her arms around

"Mia, please, let's not do this here." I caught her arms so they wouldn't hit my face.

She yanked her arms away, "Lauren, you really,truly, are a great friend to me but I just want you to take your time and think about what you're really doing." She asked gently.

"It's been a month since Alex and I broke up, I think I've had enough time. Besides isn't Alex dating Daniella now?"

"He doesn't love her. He is still in love with you!"

"I highly doubt that." I said.

"If you insist." Mia walked away in defeat.

A few weeks ago I started dating Baz, it really wasn't under my control I just didn't want to say no to him. He has this thing now where saying no is incredibly hard. The thing with Baz is I could never confide in him or love him as much I ever did with Alex. To be completely honest, I still love Alex. He was my ride or die and I will never be fully over him.

Even if I wanted to get Alex back, I couldn't. He has been bringing this girl, Daniella, around a lot lately. It was revealed to the house a couple days later that they were a thing. A few days after that, Baz asked me to be his girlfriend and I gave in.

I walked into the house and saw Alex and Daniella on the couch. I can't blame him though, Baz was always hanging around this place lately. Alex and Daniella were sitting at least five inches apart which is abnormal. When Alex and I were dating we were always snuggling.

Baz was coming over later so I had to go clean up the upstairs. Will and I had been talking all day and left food and drinks around everywhere. Unfortunately Will was moving out in as little as a week and I was trying to get as much time with him in as possible. Usually it was Mia, Kyle, Will, and I that hung out. All of us have learned to become best friends and losing Will is like losing a sibling, which has happened to me. Alex and Roi do their own thing normally but Alex and I haven't been talking lately.

I went up to my room and picked up the dirty laundry that's progressively grown over the past two days. Then I went out into the hallway and cleaned up the dirty plates and cups. I headed into the editing room and looked for Will. When I did not find him, I went to his room and saw his packed up things. I immediately felt heartbroken and like a piece of me was being ripped out. I decided against talking to Will at the moment, it was just too emotional. What I needed was fresh air.

I started walking outside to enjoy the sunshine and light breeze. I sat down at the nearest bench and dived into my thoughts. Every decision I had made thus far I was starting to regret. Saying yes to Baz was stupid. Fighting with Mia was stupid. And breaking up with Alex was probably the most regrettable thing I've done. I've missed him so much and still love him. I just wish I could rewind time.

For a while, I sat and scrolled through Instagram on my phone. Then I stared blankly ahead of me, until a group that consisted of four people showed up in front of me. They seemed as if they wanted to start a conversation with me so I got up and went to say hi.