Chapter Eighteen

"IT'S YOU! IT'S ALWAYS BEEN YOU!" I cried in delight. "THERE WAS NOBODY ELSE BUT YOU!"

"Don't lie to me, you don't have to do that," he smiled mockingly.

"Why would I lie to you about that?" I squinted my face in anger.

"I don't know, I'm hoping you're not," he replied with a crooked smile.

"I would never," I threw my arms around his neck and kissed him.

"Good, then you would love too!" He stood up.

"I would love to what!"

He disappeared

"I WOULD LOVE TO WHAT!"

"Lauren! Lauren!" A male voice was calling. "Lauren wake up!" He was shaking me.

I groaned but opened my eyes, suddenly coming to the realization that was a dream. "What happened?"

"You were yelling in your sleep." Alex pushed a strand of hair behind my ear.

"What was I yelling?" My face went red with embarrassment.

"It's okay, nothing to be embarrassed about," he chuckled. "You were yelling 'I would love to what?' pretty loudly"

"Oh," I fiddled with my fingers. "Just some silly nightmare."

He grabbed me and pulled me over to his side of the bed and cradled me. "Well I'm here to protect you."

I placed my hand gently on his cheek, "No baby, I'm here to protect you."

"No, but, like, seriously, I need to prove to you that I'm manly so therefore I'm here to protect you," he said with a serious expression.

"Fine! I suppose you can!" I gave in.

"You'd have it no other way," he let go of me. "So today's the big day...er well you know what I mean."

"Yeah it is," I murmured.

"Is Will going?" He asked shyly.

"Yeah. Why?" I asked suddenly interested in his answer.

"Oh. No reason." His face flushed red

"Is my chicken tender jealous?" I mocked.

"What? Pffft no! That's crazy!" I grabbed his face and pecked his lips.

"Don't be jealous babe, there's no one other than you." I assured him.

"Lauren! I have to ask you something, and it's serious!" He spoke.

My nerves were going tense, "What is it?"

"Why you so cute?" He said in a baby voice as his face lightened up.

"Ugh! Alex you know I hate that!" I rolled my eyes.

"You didn't answer my question," he raised his eyebrow.

"Well there is no way this face looks cute at the moment!" I said walking into the bathroom and turning on the light. I gasped in disgust when I saw my morning face in the mirror.

"Seriously Alex, tell me how you like waking up next to this face every morning?" I criticized myself.

"Because it's beautiful and all mine!" He winked.

"Aw baby are you flirting? That's really cute!" I giggled.

His face went red once more, "Don't make me feel bad!"