Chapter 40: Preparations

Tui and Sina was worried sick. Its been a couple of days since they read the note Moana left behind. They hated when she would disappear without warning.

Tui was sitting on the beach watching the ocean as he does every evening, hoping to see Moana return.

He felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up to see Sina. She sat next to him and leaned into him, his first reaction was to bring her in his embrace.

"She'll be fine Tui, Maui is with her. We both know he would give his life to protect her."

"I know, I know. Can't help but to worry about your daughter though." He said with a chuckle.

"I'm worried too," admitted Sina," but she's a big girl. Lets just hope her adventure comes to a end very.....soon?....Moana?"

Tui looked at her, then followed her gaze. There was a boat heading their way with some people onboard. They got up and headed towards the water. As they got closer and closer, the first person they could recognize was Maui. And if there's Maui, there was...

"MOANA!" Tui shouted.

Moana saw her parents and jumped up and down, waving her hands and shouting back,"Mom! Dad!"

Maui looked at the ocean and raised his eyebrow and asked,"Can you push us a bit faster?"

The ocean pushed the boat much faster and they made it to shore within seconds. Moana ran up to her parents and hugged them tightly, happy to finally be home.

They let go of Moana and caught sight of Crystal. They ran to her and engulfed her it a long, tearful hug.

"My sweet baby," sobbed Sina,"you're alright. We thought we were never going to see you again!"

"Yes, I'm fine. Thanks to Moana and Maui....and my mother."

They let go and looked at her funny. Crystal turned and gestured to Shamera, who looked at Tui and Sina with so much emotion.

"I'm Shamera....Are-are you Crystal parents. The ones who took care of her?" she asked teary eyed.

Sina stepped forward, grasped her hand and smiled,"I'm Sina and this is my husband Tui. Yes, we did take care of her and it's such a blessing to have you here with us."

Shamera lowered herself on her knees in respect and cried,"Thank you, I am forever in you debt. You raised Crystal so perfectly, how can I ever repay you?"

Tui place a hand in her shoulder, causing her tear stained face to look up at the couple smiling down at her.

"Having Crystal in our lives and you joining our family is payment enough."

Shamera smile and stood, hugging them afterwards. Crystal joined them and was so happy to have her family expanding.

"Hey! I want some more love too!" whined Moana who squeezed herself in.

"Well, I guess no one missed me," joked Maui.

Tui looked up and broke from the embrace. He stepped forward and approached Maui.

"Thank you, Maui. You're bravery brought back both of my daughters and we are grateful for you."

"I really appreciate that, Tui. I'll do anything for you all, you have my word."

"Your actions already have proved that." Tui responded with a smile. Just then a scream made the two jump.

"WE NEED TO PREPARE!!!!" screamed Moana, ruining the moment and scaring everyone.

"Goodness child," Tui exclaimed,"what are you on about?"

"The wedding! We need to prepare!!!! The day they chose is in 2 days!"