𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 3

(Y/n) swore that Sakura TV was the sole reason for any and all IQ drops among the females of Japan as she watched the mindless nonsense distastefully, wondering why Sayu even bothered to pause on the channel, even if it was only briefly-- to 'make...

(Y/n) swore that Sakura TV was the sole reason for any and all IQ drops among the females of Japan as she watched the mindless nonsense distastefully, wondering why Sayu even bothered to pause on the channel, even if it was only briefly-- to 'make sure Hideki Ryuuga isn't on', as her sister put it.

Scoffing to herself, the young woman returned her attention to the laptop screen where she was looking through footage sent to her by her team's tech analyst, providing her assistance where she could, scrutinizing each passing frame. She was glad that Sayu's attention was more or less too consumed by the images flashing across the TV to notice the disturbing video playing across her older sister's laptop screen.

The preteen was pretty much the only member of the Yagami household whose innocence had yet to leave her, and if it was up to (Y/n), it would damn well remain that way till her little sister entered high school and was met with all sorts of...experiences. When it came to Sayu, (Y/n) was honestly slightly bitter about Light's personal mission because there was no way anyone could grow up with the same kind of naïve ignorance that Sayu possessed while criminals continued to drop dead like flies.

Her brother didn't realize that all he would succeed in doing was making criminals better at hiding rather than removing crime itself from their planet. Logically, it wasn't something that was possible. There were too many things that had to be corrected in the many systems of the world, and it would take quite a few lifetimes before all of that could be perfected. Crime wasn't just as simple as theft or murder.

There were so many aspects to it-- triggers, circumstances, force, survival. To erase crime and criminals, Light would have to remove poverty from all parts of the world. He'd have to dig into every little secret of each government that existed and annihilate the corruption that was so deeply rooted in most of them. Education would have to be made accessible to every child, healthcare would have to be drastically improved, employment opportunities would have to be increased. All feats were monumental alone, but to achieve all of them was very much impossible.

In the end, all that Light could achieve was the label of a homicidal maniac with a god complex, and even though he would have made history, not a dent would be made in how the world works in terms of criminals and innocents.