𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 29

Routine changed again

Routine changed again. Now, L's world had merged with her own to give rise to something entirely different.

She didn't have to hide nearly as much anymore because her truth was unspoken but common knowledge among the people she was mostly surrounded by now. Because it was unspoken and unproven, there was little anyone could do to challenge her, but she also didn't have to constantly pretend to be someone she was not.

Because she wasn't just (Y/n) Yagami who had learned her brother had been Kira the whole time. She was (Y/n) (L/n) who had pulled all the strings to get her brother arrested so she could save everyone else.

Although she still kept her actual last name hidden away from the world and close to her own heart. She knew Ryuk would find someone else to wreak havoc for him and she'd rather keep her minimum advantage while she could.

Sayu was informed that a private detective had offered (Y/n) a very good deal, and it wasn't far from the truth since she was technically earning more than she had as an FBI agent. Although the detective's being L was left out, (Y/n) had a feeling her little sister may have caught on, especially since it was made public knowledge that the members of the Task Force had interacted in close quarters with L himself. Sayu didn't bring it up and neither did (Y/n).

She had told her parents as well, once again withholding the fact that her employer was L because bringing up the man who was responsible for the arrest didn't seem like a good idea when they were all still licking their wounds. Soichiro and Sachiko couldn't quite understand why she quit, but the pair had slowly begun to distance themselves from their remaining children and hadn't had much else to say aside from wishing her luck and reminding both Sayu and (Y/n) that they they still loved their daughters very much. They just...needed some more time. Maybe a visit for the coming spring could be arranged?

The only ones who knew the full truth of her new job were her old team at the FBI who told her she was always welcome to consult them if she needed a professional opinion or just a friend to talk to. And, (un)surprisingly, Misa Amane.

The model hadn't been in the best of places when (Y/n) left Japan, but eventually, Misa had reached out to her and they had met a few months ago to discuss the whole truth of what happened and come to terms with all of it. Circumstances had solidified their friendship more out of need than want because no one else understood on the same level. Now, they texted frequently and kept the other caught up as honestly as possible, although meeting was harder to do with Misa slowly returning to the industry.